‘Godzilla’ 2014 Movie review: The Return of ‘The King of the Monsters’
By Sachin Trivedi | May 16, 2014 3:51 PM EST
"Godzilla" fans may not be disappointed with the 2014 movie of what fans call "The King of the Monsters." Reactions are pouring in on the social media, many in anticipation of what they are about to see.
Many of the fans who claim to have seen the movie are excited to share good reviews of the movie. Unlike the previous movie, this time "Godzilla" is pitted against two other monsters. Fans are saying that the most exciting scenes in the movie are these monsters, rather than the drama of the people in the movie.
Viewers may be reminded of the old Japanese "Godzilla" movies which banks heavily on the fights of huge monsters. The producers recently released a video of the monster roaring, the roar video seems to have become quite popular among the fans.
Not everyone is happy with the new look of "Godzilla," some fans are calling the creature "Fatzilla" because the creature appears to be too fat. Fans compare the new look to that of the 1998 movie with the same title, the creature from the older movie seems to have clearly defined muscles compared to the 2014 movie.
The basic theme of many of the "Godzilla" movies has been the harmful effects of nuclear technology. The 2014 movie is no different and viewers get a glimpse of a nuclear power plant being destroyed in the trailer.
The producers of the movie have been very careful with the trailer of the movie. They show glimpses of "Godzilla" along with the action viewers can expect in the movie, without giving too much away in terms of the plot of the movie.
"Godzilla" 2014 is directed by Gareth Edwards and the cast of the movie includes Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Ford Brody, CJ Adams as Young Ford, Ken Watanabe as Dr. Ichiro Serizawa, Bryan Cranston as Joe Brody, Elizabeth Olsen as Elle Brody, Sally Hawkins as Vivienne Graham, Juliette Binoche as Sandra Brody and Richard T. Jones as Captain Russell Hampton.
Will "Godzilla" 2014 be a hit? Or will the fans find the battles of the monsters too tiresome? Many of the fans have expressed their surprise with the story line of the movie. The movie is expected to have a few surprises for the viewers.
'Hunger Games' Mockingjay Photos Revealed: Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence Seen in Hoods [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video] [Read]
'Batman vs. Superman' Fans React to Pictures of the Batmobile and Suit - Fans Maybe Beginning to Accept Ben Affleck [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People