‘Supernatural’ Stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins Say Fans Will ‘Freak Out’ Over Season 9 Finale Episode
By Anne Lu | May 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
“Supernatural” stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins said that fans will be shocked at the season nine finale of the show. According to the trio, it’s going to be a “chilling and disturbing” scene, which will be shown at the last second to 30 seconds of the show.
J2 (as fans affectionately call Jared and Jensen) and Misha, who was recently announced to be coming back for the next season as a regular, were at The London Hotel in New York for The CW Network’s 2014 Upfront Presentation when they gave fans both a teaser and a warning for the upcoming episode.
“Something happens in the finale that is a first we’ll see,” Jared told JustJared.com on the red carpet, referring to the 23rd episode of the season titled “Do You Believe in Miracles.”
Misha, who plays Castiel, added, “I can say that the fans are going to freak out. I think it’s very chilling and disturbing. When I read the script for the finale, I was definitely shocked. I thought, ‘Can they do this?’ The last five seconds!”
“I’m going to one up [Jared and Misha] and say it’s the last second,” said Jensen, who plays Dean. “The moment the screen goes to black. The last second. There are multiple characters involved. There’s a predicament now.”
On the last episode (SPOILER!), Dean attacked Gadreel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett) after the latter tried to offer them an olive branch, showing that the Mark of Cain on his arm is fully consuming him.
Some fan theories on social media fear that Dean may inadvertently kill his brother Sam (Jared), as reminiscent of Cain and Abel’s story. After all, it has been established on the show that Dean and Sam are direct descendants of the biblical characters.
And as Jared said that the scene is the first that they have done in the series, perhaps the fratricide theory isn’t so far-fetched at all.
Meanwhile, The CW president Mark Pedowitz said that although the planned spin-off “Supernatural: Bloodlines” wasn’t picked up by the network, they remain hopeful that the series would develop another spin-off show.
“We felt that Supernatural [spin-off Bloodlines] just didn’t quite get there, though we do know that people would come to it based on what we saw that night,” he said.
“I’ve already spoken to the creator and the studio. They know that we want to develop once more next season, a Supernatural spin-off. What it is and what it isn’t is still in the air.”
Previously, Misha has also been announced to return for season ten as a regular, much to the relief of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys