‘Supernatural’ Stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins Say Fans Will ‘Freak Out’ Over Season 9 Finale Episode
By Anne Lu | May 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
“Supernatural” stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins said that fans will be shocked at the season nine finale of the show. According to the trio, it’s going to be a “chilling and disturbing” scene, which will be shown at the last second to 30 seconds of the show.
J2 (as fans affectionately call Jared and Jensen) and Misha, who was recently announced to be coming back for the next season as a regular, were at The London Hotel in New York for The CW Network’s 2014 Upfront Presentation when they gave fans both a teaser and a warning for the upcoming episode.
“Something happens in the finale that is a first we’ll see,” Jared told JustJared.com on the red carpet, referring to the 23rd episode of the season titled “Do You Believe in Miracles.”
Misha, who plays Castiel, added, “I can say that the fans are going to freak out. I think it’s very chilling and disturbing. When I read the script for the finale, I was definitely shocked. I thought, ‘Can they do this?’ The last five seconds!”
“I’m going to one up [Jared and Misha] and say it’s the last second,” said Jensen, who plays Dean. “The moment the screen goes to black. The last second. There are multiple characters involved. There’s a predicament now.”
On the last episode (SPOILER!), Dean attacked Gadreel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett) after the latter tried to offer them an olive branch, showing that the Mark of Cain on his arm is fully consuming him.
Some fan theories on social media fear that Dean may inadvertently kill his brother Sam (Jared), as reminiscent of Cain and Abel’s story. After all, it has been established on the show that Dean and Sam are direct descendants of the biblical characters.
And as Jared said that the scene is the first that they have done in the series, perhaps the fratricide theory isn’t so far-fetched at all.
Meanwhile, The CW president Mark Pedowitz said that although the planned spin-off “Supernatural: Bloodlines” wasn’t picked up by the network, they remain hopeful that the series would develop another spin-off show.
“We felt that Supernatural [spin-off Bloodlines] just didn’t quite get there, though we do know that people would come to it based on what we saw that night,” he said.
“I’ve already spoken to the creator and the studio. They know that we want to develop once more next season, a Supernatural spin-off. What it is and what it isn’t is still in the air.”
Previously, Misha has also been announced to return for season ten as a regular, much to the relief of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed