‘Supernatural’ Stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins Say Fans Will ‘Freak Out’ Over Season 9 Finale Episode
By Anne Lu | May 16, 2014 2:06 PM EST
“Supernatural” stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins said that fans will be shocked at the season nine finale of the show. According to the trio, it’s going to be a “chilling and disturbing” scene, which will be shown at the last second to 30 seconds of the show.
J2 (as fans affectionately call Jared and Jensen) and Misha, who was recently announced to be coming back for the next season as a regular, were at The London Hotel in New York for The CW Network’s 2014 Upfront Presentation when they gave fans both a teaser and a warning for the upcoming episode.
“Something happens in the finale that is a first we’ll see,” Jared told JustJared.com on the red carpet, referring to the 23rd episode of the season titled “Do You Believe in Miracles.”
Misha, who plays Castiel, added, “I can say that the fans are going to freak out. I think it’s very chilling and disturbing. When I read the script for the finale, I was definitely shocked. I thought, ‘Can they do this?’ The last five seconds!”
“I’m going to one up [Jared and Misha] and say it’s the last second,” said Jensen, who plays Dean. “The moment the screen goes to black. The last second. There are multiple characters involved. There’s a predicament now.”
On the last episode (SPOILER!), Dean attacked Gadreel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett) after the latter tried to offer them an olive branch, showing that the Mark of Cain on his arm is fully consuming him.
Some fan theories on social media fear that Dean may inadvertently kill his brother Sam (Jared), as reminiscent of Cain and Abel’s story. After all, it has been established on the show that Dean and Sam are direct descendants of the biblical characters.
And as Jared said that the scene is the first that they have done in the series, perhaps the fratricide theory isn’t so far-fetched at all.
Meanwhile, The CW president Mark Pedowitz said that although the planned spin-off “Supernatural: Bloodlines” wasn’t picked up by the network, they remain hopeful that the series would develop another spin-off show.
“We felt that Supernatural [spin-off Bloodlines] just didn’t quite get there, though we do know that people would come to it based on what we saw that night,” he said.
“I’ve already spoken to the creator and the studio. They know that we want to develop once more next season, a Supernatural spin-off. What it is and what it isn’t is still in the air.”
Previously, Misha has also been announced to return for season ten as a regular, much to the relief of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS