'The Flash' TV series Coming This Fall - New Extended Five-Minute Trailer [WATCH]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 16, 2014 1:47 PM EST
"The Flash" is speeding his way to television screens this September. The five-minute trailer excites viewers and fans alike as it introduces the young Barry Allen and how he got his superpowers.
DC Comic book-based The Flash already had a previous TV series that lasted for one season back in 1990. John Wesley Shipp starred as Barry Allen in that series. The CW takes on a different story and beginning for Barry Allen compared to the original in the latest adaptation of the lightning-quick superhero.
Barry made his first appearance in "Arrow" as a forensic scientist from Central City to investigate a crime. Barry revealed later that he is trying to find the super-powered criminal who killed his mother when he was young. After some events where Barry saved Oliver Queen's (Stephen Amell) life, Barry was caught in a lighting strike in his lab, caused by an explosion of the S.T.A.R Labs particle accelerator. Then it was later revealed that Barry was left in a coma, which now leads to the new spinoff series for The Flash.
Barry Allen will start his life coming from a spin-off from Grant Gustin's appearance on two episodes of Arrow. Living in the same universe, Allen begins his adventures by first learning to use his special powers, helping the police department solve crimes, and fight other super-powered villains.
The new spinoff pays tribute to the first 90's Flash TV series by including John Wesley Shipp in the cast. Shipp will play as Barry's father Henry Allen. Official announcements still haven't been made if Shipp's role will last in the series.
The show also includes Jesse L. Martin, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes and Tom Cavanagh. It's produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns.
Watch below the five-minute extended trailer of The Flash TV series.
CREDIT:The CW Television Network/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date