Portland Trail Blazers Extend Terry Stotts’ Contract as Head Coach
By James Patrick Quizon | May 16, 2014 1:40 PM EST
For leading the Portland Trail Blazers to a successful season and a nice playoff run, head coach Terry Stotts has been given a two-year contract extension by the franchise.
The new deal has been reported first by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and reportedly has been finalized on Thursday.
The Trail Blazers went 54-28 in the 2013-2014 regular season and went into the West Playoffs as the 5th seed. They pulled off a minor upset over the fourth seeded Houston Rockets in the first round of the postseason finishing the best-of-seven series in six games.
The playoff series victory was a first for the franchise since 2000.
“Terry has done an outstanding job during his first two years with the organization. This extension illustrates our confidence in him as our head coach as well as the Portland Trail Blazers' continued commitment to building a model of consistency and stability." Portland general manager Neil Olshey said in an official statement.
Stotts, who is a former NBA player, was an assistant coach for the Seattle SuperSonics and Milwaukee Bucks from 1992 to 2002. He had his first head coaching gig for the Atlanta Hawks (2002-2004) before going to the Bucks as head mentor (2005-2007). He has been with the Trail Blazers since 2012.
Stotts continued tenure in Portland should bode well for a franchise which has seen the rise of stars in LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard-- both of whom have had great postseason performances in the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’