Samsung Galaxy S5 'Prime' to Debut Metallic Body; Launch Date, Specifications and Price
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 16, 2014 1:34 PM EST
After the release of Samsung Galaxy S5, reports about the upcoming Galaxy S5 Prime smartphone started doing rounds in the internet space. A new concept video of the aforementioned upcoming device is generating lots of views in Youtube.
What is New?
The concept video shows metallic versions of Samsung's flagship smartphone. The metallic variant features a grand screen display synonymous to Samsung's flagship devices, but the body of the handset looks like that of HTC One (M8).
The resemblance of Galaxy S5 Prime to HTC One M8 cannot be missed. Owing to the fact that, the concept showcases two primary colors; grey and silver that are predominantly seen in HTC One (M8) handsets.
According to the concept video, the S5 Prime features a camera unit that is well implanted on the back of the handset. In addition, the video also shows a well-bent rear and a speaker on the top of the device. However, the home and the back key are not shown as part of the frontal display.
The Samsung Galaxy S5, touted as one of the most awaited phones released to positive reviews and that in turn translated into sales numbers. It is worth noting that, within 25 days of its arrival, the Galaxy S5 has shipped 10 million units across the world, according to GSM Arena.
In hindsight, although Samsung made all the right noises in marketing its flagship device, the phone did not excite the Android fans like the earlier models of Samsung. Hence it is only natural that, Samsung introduces a flagship device that not only packs impressive features but also the 'wow' factor that was missing in S5.
Release Date and Price
If the reports were true, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime will be released in June and the handset is priced at 900,000 KRW; that translates to US $880, according to South Korean site Naver (via BGR).
The Galaxy S5 Prime is expected to feature a 5.2 inches Quad HD (2K) display. The handset will be powered by a Qualcomm 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor. The device is expected to house 3 GB of RAM. The S5 Prime would run on Android v4.4.2.
Other rumored specifications include a 15.8 MP rear-facing camera and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. In addition, the device is expected to come with a 32 GB of internal storage capacity with microSD slot support for further expansion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points