Samsung Announces Galaxy Premiere June Event, Galaxy Mega 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The sales numbers are already in for the Galaxy S5 headset, and reports state that it has already surpassed the Samsung Galaxy S4 iteration by 10%. The Wall Street Journal reports that J.K. Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, has confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has already moved over 11 million units in the month that it has been out, which is a million units more sold compared to the Galaxy S4.
This is a good development considering that the market is already flooded with similar flagship competitors that offer more or less the same features and function. But this does not seem to be the end yet, as Samsung is already in motion for its handsets.
The Galaxy Premiere Event: What's Coming?
Now that announcements of AMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S variants have become official, the South Korean company has also made the unveiling event official.
Though there are no official announcements of what people can expect at the event, the invite can serve as a hint. "Tab" into colour can be referring to the Samsung Tab S, and the fact that it mentions colour can be Samsung's way of telling its fans that a great many coloured variants can be seen.
So far, the official specs sheet of the Galaxy Tab S include a 2560x1600 display that comes in 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch variants, the octa-core Exynos 540 CPU with four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 8-megapixel rear and 2.1-megapixel front cameras and Android 4.4 Kitkat with a customized Magazine UX.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Gets a 6-inch Screen
Part of Samsung's ongoing aim of bringing more handset options to the market, a new leak courtesy of trusted insider @evleaks was found for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. Supposedly having the model name of SM-G750, the Galaxy Mega 2 has also been revealed to have a six-inch display.
In addition, GSM Arena reports that this handset will take the place of what was previously known as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, though the specs have not yet been leaked as extensively.
What is known about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 aside from its display size is that it will be wielding a 1280x720 resolution, perchance taking after its predecessor, the Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales