Samsung Announces Galaxy Premiere June Event, Galaxy Mega 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The sales numbers are already in for the Galaxy S5 headset, and reports state that it has already surpassed the Samsung Galaxy S4 iteration by 10%. The Wall Street Journal reports that J.K. Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, has confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has already moved over 11 million units in the month that it has been out, which is a million units more sold compared to the Galaxy S4.
This is a good development considering that the market is already flooded with similar flagship competitors that offer more or less the same features and function. But this does not seem to be the end yet, as Samsung is already in motion for its handsets.
The Galaxy Premiere Event: What's Coming?
Now that announcements of AMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S variants have become official, the South Korean company has also made the unveiling event official.
Though there are no official announcements of what people can expect at the event, the invite can serve as a hint. "Tab" into colour can be referring to the Samsung Tab S, and the fact that it mentions colour can be Samsung's way of telling its fans that a great many coloured variants can be seen.
So far, the official specs sheet of the Galaxy Tab S include a 2560x1600 display that comes in 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch variants, the octa-core Exynos 540 CPU with four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 8-megapixel rear and 2.1-megapixel front cameras and Android 4.4 Kitkat with a customized Magazine UX.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Gets a 6-inch Screen
Part of Samsung's ongoing aim of bringing more handset options to the market, a new leak courtesy of trusted insider @evleaks was found for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. Supposedly having the model name of SM-G750, the Galaxy Mega 2 has also been revealed to have a six-inch display.
In addition, GSM Arena reports that this handset will take the place of what was previously known as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, though the specs have not yet been leaked as extensively.
What is known about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 aside from its display size is that it will be wielding a 1280x720 resolution, perchance taking after its predecessor, the Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier