Samsung Announces Galaxy Premiere June Event, Galaxy Mega 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The sales numbers are already in for the Galaxy S5 headset, and reports state that it has already surpassed the Samsung Galaxy S4 iteration by 10%. The Wall Street Journal reports that J.K. Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, has confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has already moved over 11 million units in the month that it has been out, which is a million units more sold compared to the Galaxy S4.
This is a good development considering that the market is already flooded with similar flagship competitors that offer more or less the same features and function. But this does not seem to be the end yet, as Samsung is already in motion for its handsets.
The Galaxy Premiere Event: What's Coming?
Now that announcements of AMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S variants have become official, the South Korean company has also made the unveiling event official.
Though there are no official announcements of what people can expect at the event, the invite can serve as a hint. "Tab" into colour can be referring to the Samsung Tab S, and the fact that it mentions colour can be Samsung's way of telling its fans that a great many coloured variants can be seen.
So far, the official specs sheet of the Galaxy Tab S include a 2560x1600 display that comes in 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch variants, the octa-core Exynos 540 CPU with four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 8-megapixel rear and 2.1-megapixel front cameras and Android 4.4 Kitkat with a customized Magazine UX.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Gets a 6-inch Screen
Part of Samsung's ongoing aim of bringing more handset options to the market, a new leak courtesy of trusted insider @evleaks was found for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. Supposedly having the model name of SM-G750, the Galaxy Mega 2 has also been revealed to have a six-inch display.
In addition, GSM Arena reports that this handset will take the place of what was previously known as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, though the specs have not yet been leaked as extensively.
What is known about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 aside from its display size is that it will be wielding a 1280x720 resolution, perchance taking after its predecessor, the Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2