Samsung Announces Galaxy Premiere June Event, Galaxy Mega 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The sales numbers are already in for the Galaxy S5 headset, and reports state that it has already surpassed the Samsung Galaxy S4 iteration by 10%. The Wall Street Journal reports that J.K. Shin, head of Samsung's mobile business, has confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S5 has already moved over 11 million units in the month that it has been out, which is a million units more sold compared to the Galaxy S4.
This is a good development considering that the market is already flooded with similar flagship competitors that offer more or less the same features and function. But this does not seem to be the end yet, as Samsung is already in motion for its handsets.
The Galaxy Premiere Event: What's Coming?
Now that announcements of AMOLED Samsung Galaxy Tab S variants have become official, the South Korean company has also made the unveiling event official.
Though there are no official announcements of what people can expect at the event, the invite can serve as a hint. "Tab" into colour can be referring to the Samsung Tab S, and the fact that it mentions colour can be Samsung's way of telling its fans that a great many coloured variants can be seen.
So far, the official specs sheet of the Galaxy Tab S include a 2560x1600 display that comes in 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch variants, the octa-core Exynos 540 CPU with four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores, 8-megapixel rear and 2.1-megapixel front cameras and Android 4.4 Kitkat with a customized Magazine UX.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Gets a 6-inch Screen
Part of Samsung's ongoing aim of bringing more handset options to the market, a new leak courtesy of trusted insider @evleaks was found for the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2. Supposedly having the model name of SM-G750, the Galaxy Mega 2 has also been revealed to have a six-inch display.
In addition, GSM Arena reports that this handset will take the place of what was previously known as the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, though the specs have not yet been leaked as extensively.
What is known about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 aside from its display size is that it will be wielding a 1280x720 resolution, perchance taking after its predecessor, the Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide