Apple to Introduce Split Screen Multi-tasking in iPad
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Users have been waiting for a multi tasking feature in iPad for a long time. Like Windows 8, Apple too decided to introduce with this split screen multi-tasking feature, which users are said to be able to run two applications at once on iOS 8, with the pair able to snap alongside each other.
In addition to two iPad apps to be used at the same time, it also allows apps to interact more easily - a user can drag content, such as text, video, or images, from one app to another. According to sources, with this functionality, Apple enables "XPC" support in iOS which means that developers could design App Store apps that could share content.
The multi-tasking feature is designed in such a way that it is used in a larger screen, that is, it will be available with the 9.7 inch iPad display. It is used only in the landscape mode, which will make work easy with the help of increased screen space. Therefore, it will definitely not work on the smaller-screened iPad mini.
Apple is expected to announce iOS 8 at its annual WWDC on June 2, 2014 along with other new features. Apple is introducing with Healthbook application for the iPhone that would help users to know blood data, calorie intake, sleep cycles and weight changes. Along with this, it is making improvements to iCloud infrastructure and iOS applications, a public transit routing feature for the Maps app. Apple is also enhancing on its speed and performance and user-interface refinements in iOS 8.
With all the aforementioned features, Apple will be able to cover all the loop holes which made them not compete against the smartphone market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family