Apple to Introduce Split Screen Multi-tasking in iPad
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Users have been waiting for a multi tasking feature in iPad for a long time. Like Windows 8, Apple too decided to introduce with this split screen multi-tasking feature, which users are said to be able to run two applications at once on iOS 8, with the pair able to snap alongside each other.
In addition to two iPad apps to be used at the same time, it also allows apps to interact more easily - a user can drag content, such as text, video, or images, from one app to another. According to sources, with this functionality, Apple enables "XPC" support in iOS which means that developers could design App Store apps that could share content.
The multi-tasking feature is designed in such a way that it is used in a larger screen, that is, it will be available with the 9.7 inch iPad display. It is used only in the landscape mode, which will make work easy with the help of increased screen space. Therefore, it will definitely not work on the smaller-screened iPad mini.
Apple is expected to announce iOS 8 at its annual WWDC on June 2, 2014 along with other new features. Apple is introducing with Healthbook application for the iPhone that would help users to know blood data, calorie intake, sleep cycles and weight changes. Along with this, it is making improvements to iCloud infrastructure and iOS applications, a public transit routing feature for the Maps app. Apple is also enhancing on its speed and performance and user-interface refinements in iOS 8.
With all the aforementioned features, Apple will be able to cover all the loop holes which made them not compete against the smartphone market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports