Apple to Introduce Split Screen Multi-tasking in iPad
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Users have been waiting for a multi tasking feature in iPad for a long time. Like Windows 8, Apple too decided to introduce with this split screen multi-tasking feature, which users are said to be able to run two applications at once on iOS 8, with the pair able to snap alongside each other.
In addition to two iPad apps to be used at the same time, it also allows apps to interact more easily - a user can drag content, such as text, video, or images, from one app to another. According to sources, with this functionality, Apple enables "XPC" support in iOS which means that developers could design App Store apps that could share content.
The multi-tasking feature is designed in such a way that it is used in a larger screen, that is, it will be available with the 9.7 inch iPad display. It is used only in the landscape mode, which will make work easy with the help of increased screen space. Therefore, it will definitely not work on the smaller-screened iPad mini.
Apple is expected to announce iOS 8 at its annual WWDC on June 2, 2014 along with other new features. Apple is introducing with Healthbook application for the iPhone that would help users to know blood data, calorie intake, sleep cycles and weight changes. Along with this, it is making improvements to iCloud infrastructure and iOS applications, a public transit routing feature for the Maps app. Apple is also enhancing on its speed and performance and user-interface refinements in iOS 8.
With all the aforementioned features, Apple will be able to cover all the loop holes which made them not compete against the smartphone market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015