Apple to Introduce Split Screen Multi-tasking in iPad
By Naveena Joy | May 16, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Users have been waiting for a multi tasking feature in iPad for a long time. Like Windows 8, Apple too decided to introduce with this split screen multi-tasking feature, which users are said to be able to run two applications at once on iOS 8, with the pair able to snap alongside each other.
In addition to two iPad apps to be used at the same time, it also allows apps to interact more easily - a user can drag content, such as text, video, or images, from one app to another. According to sources, with this functionality, Apple enables "XPC" support in iOS which means that developers could design App Store apps that could share content.
The multi-tasking feature is designed in such a way that it is used in a larger screen, that is, it will be available with the 9.7 inch iPad display. It is used only in the landscape mode, which will make work easy with the help of increased screen space. Therefore, it will definitely not work on the smaller-screened iPad mini.
Apple is expected to announce iOS 8 at its annual WWDC on June 2, 2014 along with other new features. Apple is introducing with Healthbook application for the iPhone that would help users to know blood data, calorie intake, sleep cycles and weight changes. Along with this, it is making improvements to iCloud infrastructure and iOS applications, a public transit routing feature for the Maps app. Apple is also enhancing on its speed and performance and user-interface refinements in iOS 8.
With all the aforementioned features, Apple will be able to cover all the loop holes which made them not compete against the smartphone market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone