Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | May 16, 2014 1:02 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the Sony Xperia Z1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a 5 inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and the Sony Xperia Z1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours or music play of about 67 hours. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours on 3G or music play of about 110 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Sony Xperia Z1 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $529.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia Z2: 5 Killer Features Making it a 'Compelling Buy' [Read]
Nokia X vs. Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra vs. Motorola Moto X Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report