PS4 Preps PlayStation Now with PS3 Titles—Possible Answer to Kinect-Less Xbox One
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 12:47 PM EST
It seems that one way for the PS4 to get back its cool would be the much-experimented on and expected feature, the PlayStation Now.
While the PlayStation Now is currently on beta mode, PSU reports that some very observant gamers have found listings of PS3 titles over at the PS4 Store. According to the source, this can be found if you go to the Day-One Digital > All Games, after which you can see a number of PS3 games.
Some of the titles included are "GTA V," "Diablo III," "The Last of Us," "Far Cry 3" and "Pay Day 2," among others.
Considering that the PlayStation Now is on beta until its official release, come summer in North America, and the fact that the E3 2014 is just some time away, it may be that Sony is testing this feature further for possible announcements at the event.
A Long List of Titles at Launch for PlayStation Now
If that's not enough, IGN adds that Sony has also officially announced that it will be releasing the service to North America with a long list of titles on the first day.
This was revealed at a PlayStation event, and it was also at this venue that some of the games that are on the PlayStation Now were demoed. For instance, "Uncharted: Drake's Deception" was streamed on the PS4 and another game, "Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus" was streamed to the PS Vita.
There's no confirmation yet as to how many games will be available at launch, as Sony Computer Entertainment America has clarified that it has not yet given an official statement to the number of titles coming out at launch.
Combining the two leaks together, it would be interesting if Sony would give more details as to how the PlayStation Now will work on the PS4, PS3, and other platforms that it's planning to release the service in--and the E3 2014 would be the perfect venue for it, especially now that the focus for the rivaling next-gen consoles have shifted to games.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown