Ubisoft Confirms ‘Far Cry 4’ and ‘Assassin’s Creed: Unity’ Release Date and Preorder Options Detailed
By Gel Galang | May 16, 2014 11:50 AM EST
Finally. After so many teasers, speculations, and rumours, Ubisoft has confirmed that "Far Cry 4" is a real game. And yes, it's coming this year. And yes, it's really set in the Himalayas.
Over at Ubisoft's official blog, it was announced that "Far Cry 4" will be taking a detour away from the jungles of "Far Cry 3" to land smack in the middle of Kryat. Here, you will be faced with the rule of a self-appointed king, and the Kryat is far from being your friend, as the sights and view hide something perilous and treacherous.
"Far Cry 4" will allow players to explore the exotic open world and, of course, arm them with a variety of weapons and vehicles.
"Following the success of 'Far Cry 3,' we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," said executive producer Dan Hay. "Given the unique setting, we feel 'Far Cry 4' will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months."
Aside from the announcement of the game, Ubisoft has also detailed the preorder bonuses, which will bring back "Far Cry 3" resident nutjob Hurk in the mix. Preordering the game will give you a free upgrade to the Limited Edition, which includes the three single-player missions in Hurk's Redemption and The Impaler, which is a harpoon gun.
"Far Cry 4" is another great reason to look forward to the E3 2014, as Ubisoft has promised a first exclusive look at the game--perhaps as a first gameplay footage reveal during Ubisoft's media briefing.
Ubisoft's "Far Cry 4" will be released on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on November 18 for the U.S. and November 20 for EAM territories.
"Assassin's Creed: Unity" Also Confirmed
The annual release of "Assassin's Creed" games won't be missing a release for 2014, as the "Assassin's Creed: Unity" has just been confirmed to release only for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
VG 24/7 has spotted the game in the financial report from Ubisoft, as seen in the screenshot in the link.
It seems that the game is a vast one, as 10 Ubisoft studios are in on the game, including Montreal, Toronto, Singapore, Quebec, Annecy, Shanghai, Chengdu, Kiev, Montpellier and Bucharest.
The French Revolution setting has also been pretty much confirmed, as the screenshot also features the quote "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" from Marie-Antoinette, 1789, which translates to "Let them eat cake."
Again, the E3 2014 may be a good venue to dole out more details, particularly for the other yet-to-be-confirmed game, Assassin's Creed: Comet, which is rumoured to come out solely for the PS3 and Xbox 360 (and potentially the PC).
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide