George Clooney Shifting Base to UK, Fiancée Amal Alamuddin to Continue London Career
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
George Clooney has reportedly decided to move to UK so that his fiancée Amal Alamuddin may continue her career in London.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
Clooney is searching for a new house in London where he and Amal can settle down. Amal, who happens to be a distinguished human rights lawyer, seems to have no plans to leave her career in London. Even getting married to arguably the most eligible 50-something bachelor in Hollywood does not seem to be lucrative enough for her to settle in the U.S. Amal's clients include Yulia Tymoshenko, the former prime minister of Ukraine.
Clooney, on the other hand, seems to have taken the relation pretty seriously. That may be the reason he does not hesitate to shift his base from Hollywood to London. "Amal wants to continue her work, and George is very supportive and proud of her career. He will soon be going to London so they can look for a new home there together," according to Page Six.
Moving to London may not be a big problem for Clooney as his work is equally appreciated in Europe. His last film, The Monuments Men, which he directed and produced, was co-produced by German production company Babelsberg Studio. Gravity, Clooney's ticket to the Oscars 2014, was also a British-American venture. Amal, on the other hand, works for Doughty Street Chambers, a leading law farm in London. It seems difficult for her to shift base.
Clooney and Amal got engaged on April 28, 2014. Close friends like Bono, The Edge and Cindy Crawford joined them in the Malibu bash. Cindy was accompanied by her husband Rande Gerber who happens to be Clooney's business partner as well. Lots of tequila and wine made the party even more interesting. According to sources, Clooney and Amal were "all over each other" and "lots of hugging" was involved.
Amal was earlier spotted with her £450,000 diamond ring boasting of her engagement. She was at Heathrow airport, wearing a loose-fit cardigan and a pair of ripped jeans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid