George Clooney Shifting Base to UK, Fiancée Amal Alamuddin to Continue London Career
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
George Clooney has reportedly decided to move to UK so that his fiancée Amal Alamuddin may continue her career in London.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
Clooney is searching for a new house in London where he and Amal can settle down. Amal, who happens to be a distinguished human rights lawyer, seems to have no plans to leave her career in London. Even getting married to arguably the most eligible 50-something bachelor in Hollywood does not seem to be lucrative enough for her to settle in the U.S. Amal's clients include Yulia Tymoshenko, the former prime minister of Ukraine.
Clooney, on the other hand, seems to have taken the relation pretty seriously. That may be the reason he does not hesitate to shift his base from Hollywood to London. "Amal wants to continue her work, and George is very supportive and proud of her career. He will soon be going to London so they can look for a new home there together," according to Page Six.
Moving to London may not be a big problem for Clooney as his work is equally appreciated in Europe. His last film, The Monuments Men, which he directed and produced, was co-produced by German production company Babelsberg Studio. Gravity, Clooney's ticket to the Oscars 2014, was also a British-American venture. Amal, on the other hand, works for Doughty Street Chambers, a leading law farm in London. It seems difficult for her to shift base.
Clooney and Amal got engaged on April 28, 2014. Close friends like Bono, The Edge and Cindy Crawford joined them in the Malibu bash. Cindy was accompanied by her husband Rande Gerber who happens to be Clooney's business partner as well. Lots of tequila and wine made the party even more interesting. According to sources, Clooney and Amal were "all over each other" and "lots of hugging" was involved.
Amal was earlier spotted with her £450,000 diamond ring boasting of her engagement. She was at Heathrow airport, wearing a loose-fit cardigan and a pair of ripped jeans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage