George Clooney Shifting Base to UK, Fiancée Amal Alamuddin to Continue London Career
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
George Clooney has reportedly decided to move to UK so that his fiancée Amal Alamuddin may continue her career in London.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
Clooney is searching for a new house in London where he and Amal can settle down. Amal, who happens to be a distinguished human rights lawyer, seems to have no plans to leave her career in London. Even getting married to arguably the most eligible 50-something bachelor in Hollywood does not seem to be lucrative enough for her to settle in the U.S. Amal's clients include Yulia Tymoshenko, the former prime minister of Ukraine.
Clooney, on the other hand, seems to have taken the relation pretty seriously. That may be the reason he does not hesitate to shift his base from Hollywood to London. "Amal wants to continue her work, and George is very supportive and proud of her career. He will soon be going to London so they can look for a new home there together," according to Page Six.
Moving to London may not be a big problem for Clooney as his work is equally appreciated in Europe. His last film, The Monuments Men, which he directed and produced, was co-produced by German production company Babelsberg Studio. Gravity, Clooney's ticket to the Oscars 2014, was also a British-American venture. Amal, on the other hand, works for Doughty Street Chambers, a leading law farm in London. It seems difficult for her to shift base.
Clooney and Amal got engaged on April 28, 2014. Close friends like Bono, The Edge and Cindy Crawford joined them in the Malibu bash. Cindy was accompanied by her husband Rande Gerber who happens to be Clooney's business partner as well. Lots of tequila and wine made the party even more interesting. According to sources, Clooney and Amal were "all over each other" and "lots of hugging" was involved.
Amal was earlier spotted with her £450,000 diamond ring boasting of her engagement. She was at Heathrow airport, wearing a loose-fit cardigan and a pair of ripped jeans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features