George Clooney Shifting Base to UK, Fiancée Amal Alamuddin to Continue London Career
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
George Clooney has reportedly decided to move to UK so that his fiancée Amal Alamuddin may continue her career in London.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
Clooney is searching for a new house in London where he and Amal can settle down. Amal, who happens to be a distinguished human rights lawyer, seems to have no plans to leave her career in London. Even getting married to arguably the most eligible 50-something bachelor in Hollywood does not seem to be lucrative enough for her to settle in the U.S. Amal's clients include Yulia Tymoshenko, the former prime minister of Ukraine.
Clooney, on the other hand, seems to have taken the relation pretty seriously. That may be the reason he does not hesitate to shift his base from Hollywood to London. "Amal wants to continue her work, and George is very supportive and proud of her career. He will soon be going to London so they can look for a new home there together," according to Page Six.
Moving to London may not be a big problem for Clooney as his work is equally appreciated in Europe. His last film, The Monuments Men, which he directed and produced, was co-produced by German production company Babelsberg Studio. Gravity, Clooney's ticket to the Oscars 2014, was also a British-American venture. Amal, on the other hand, works for Doughty Street Chambers, a leading law farm in London. It seems difficult for her to shift base.
Clooney and Amal got engaged on April 28, 2014. Close friends like Bono, The Edge and Cindy Crawford joined them in the Malibu bash. Cindy was accompanied by her husband Rande Gerber who happens to be Clooney's business partner as well. Lots of tequila and wine made the party even more interesting. According to sources, Clooney and Amal were "all over each other" and "lots of hugging" was involved.
Amal was earlier spotted with her £450,000 diamond ring boasting of her engagement. She was at Heathrow airport, wearing a loose-fit cardigan and a pair of ripped jeans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia