Hotel Fires Employee for Solange-Jay Z Fight Video Leak, CCTV Footage Reportedly Sold for $250,000
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:41 AM EST
The employee, who leaked the video of the alleged altercation between Jay Z and Beyoncé's sister Solange, paid the price for making it public. He was fired by the hotel, The Standard, where the incident took place but not before he could sell the controversial video to TMZ for $250,000.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives for the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards in New York in this November 12, 2012 file photo. A New York boutique hotel on May 12, 2014 said it was investigating how a recording of a security video that purportedly shows rapper Jay Z being attacked by his sister-in-law, R&B singer Solange Knowles, was leaked to a website.
The man apparently bargained around for five days before he sold it to the entertainment Web site for a whopping amount, Page Six reported. Hotel spokesman Brian Philips said that the individual who was responsible for "for breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video released by TMZ" was identified. "The Standard has already terminated the individual and will now be pursuing all available civil and criminal remedies. The Standard will next be turning over all available information to the criminal authorities." he said.
The video shows Solange is seen stepping into an elevator. She is accompanies by her sister Beyoncé and brother-in-law Jay Z. Just after three of them entered the elevator, Solange apparently got furious at Beyoncé's husband. She went "crazy" and started screaming at him. Thereafter, she unleashed a "violent attack." According to reports, the feud apparently took place at a Met Gala after party held at the Boom Boom Room of the Standard Hotel last week in New York.
While the reason of the attack still remains unknown, HollywoodLife.com claimed that it had "exclusively" learned that Solange had been jealous of her sister's superstardom. She was also miffed with Jay Z for not supporting her family enough. According to the Web site, it was not a one-time thing as "a variety of issues" caused the "anger and resentment."
According to CNN, the hotel was "shocked and disappointed" by the breach of security as its CCTV footage was sold to a third party. The management earlier said that it was in the process of "investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation." It also indicated that the personal responsible for the leak might be fired. "Will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity," the hotel said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop