Hotel Fires Employee for Solange-Jay Z Fight Video Leak, CCTV Footage Reportedly Sold for $250,000
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 16, 2014 11:41 AM EST
The employee, who leaked the video of the alleged altercation between Jay Z and Beyoncé's sister Solange, paid the price for making it public. He was fired by the hotel, The Standard, where the incident took place but not before he could sell the controversial video to TMZ for $250,000.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives for the Glamour Magazine Women of the Year Awards in New York in this November 12, 2012 file photo. A New York boutique hotel on May 12, 2014 said it was investigating how a recording of a security video that purportedly shows rapper Jay Z being attacked by his sister-in-law, R&B singer Solange Knowles, was leaked to a website.
The man apparently bargained around for five days before he sold it to the entertainment Web site for a whopping amount, Page Six reported. Hotel spokesman Brian Philips said that the individual who was responsible for "for breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video released by TMZ" was identified. "The Standard has already terminated the individual and will now be pursuing all available civil and criminal remedies. The Standard will next be turning over all available information to the criminal authorities." he said.
The video shows Solange is seen stepping into an elevator. She is accompanies by her sister Beyoncé and brother-in-law Jay Z. Just after three of them entered the elevator, Solange apparently got furious at Beyoncé's husband. She went "crazy" and started screaming at him. Thereafter, she unleashed a "violent attack." According to reports, the feud apparently took place at a Met Gala after party held at the Boom Boom Room of the Standard Hotel last week in New York.
While the reason of the attack still remains unknown, HollywoodLife.com claimed that it had "exclusively" learned that Solange had been jealous of her sister's superstardom. She was also miffed with Jay Z for not supporting her family enough. According to the Web site, it was not a one-time thing as "a variety of issues" caused the "anger and resentment."
According to CNN, the hotel was "shocked and disappointed" by the breach of security as its CCTV footage was sold to a third party. The management earlier said that it was in the process of "investigating with the utmost urgency the circumstances surrounding the situation." It also indicated that the personal responsible for the leak might be fired. "Will discipline and prosecute the individuals involved to our fullest capacity," the hotel said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft