Motorola Moto X+1 to House 16 GB and 32 GB of Internal Storage; Two Front-Panel Colors Tipped
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 16, 2014 9:55 AM EST
The Motorola Moto X+1 also known as Moto X2 is back in news. This time around, a Reddit member named Octopenis has obtained additional information about the upcoming Moto X+1 device. He was able to unearth details by ferreting out the XML code from Motorola's official website.
A Motorola Mobility logo is seen on a screen at the public unveiling of their global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, April 22, 2014. REUTERS/Jim Young
What is New?
The Moto X+1 is referred as 'FLEXR2' in the code. It is worth noting that, Moto X was referred as 'FLEXR1'. According to Octopenis (via Phandroid), the Moto X+1 page for the Sprint variant lists 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage capacity. Interestingly, the initial rumors suggested that the Moto X+1 would come with only a 32 GB of internal storage. In addition, the listed color options for the Sprint variant include black and white front-panel.
The Motorola Moto X+1 will feature a 5.2 inches full HD display with 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution. The devices is expected to be powered by a quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) clocked at 2.3 GHz, with a 2 GB of RAM. The upcoming Moto device will run on Android 4.4.3 KitKat out-of-the-box and will come with a 16 GB or a 32 GB of internal storage. However, there will be no microSD card support for expansion.
The handset will sport a 12 megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera unit. The phone will be equipped with a 2,600 mAh battery unit.
Other information pertaining to Moto X+1 includes:
- The device is priced at US$400 under AT&T.
- The back panel is customizable with leather options that include black, blue, grey and red. But initial rumors suggested that Motorola will provide 25 back-panel color options, including navy, olive, crimson, lemon lime, and ebony. Nevertheless, this option will not be available to all the global markets.
- The Moto X+1 is expected to be released by late summer as earlier hinted by a Motorola executive.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James