Moto 360 vs. LG G Watch: Choosing the Best Smartwatch in Time for Android Wear Release Date
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 16, 2014 9:21 AM EST
The Android Wear release date is fast approaching and fans will soon choose between the Moto 360 and the LG G Watch. Google is set to launch its smartwatch OS with Android Wear and it is looking for hardware partners to get the OS to users' wrists. Thus far, the two Android Wear devices that are expected to hit the market soon are the Moto 360 and the LG G Watch.
Motorola has been vocal about its upcoming watch, while LG has remained quiet about its wearable - until just recently. Here is an intense-sounding video of the smartwatch.
Android Wear Release Date: LG G Watch
When it comes to the Moto 360 vs. LG G Watch, the two wearables are pretty easy to tell apart. In terms of design, the LG G Watch, like the typical smartwatches in the market today sports a rectangular body, while the Moto 360 sports a rounded design. However, unlike the Samsung Galaxy Gear, the LG G Watch will run the Android Wear OS, which will give users access to the new features like the Google Now. The LG G Watch will be waterproof, which means that it will be useful in the shower and rain. At this point, there no reports on possible release date windows just yet.
Android Wear Release Date: Moto 360 Watch
Unlike the LG G Watch, the Moto 360 is well-documented on the Internet. The Moto 360's striking round design blends pretty well with the timepieces that people currently wear these days and its design sets itself apart from the typical designs of smartwatches in the market today. Similar to the LG G Watch, the Moto 360 will also feature the Android Wear OS, which means that more or less the two devices will have the same features and access to Google services. In terms of power, there is a rumour of a possible solar panel on the bottom of the smartwatch and the release date window of the Moto 360 is summer 2014.
Essentially, Android Wear is a smartwatch interface built around Google Now, which means that it will provide users contextual information at a glance. Android Wear-powered smartwatch users will gain timely information such as social media updates and must-read messages without having to look at their smartphone or tablets.
Android Wear aims to create a standard user experience for devices that are connected to Android-powered smartwatches.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced