Premier League Transfer News: Midfielder Vows to Remain at Stoke Despite Limited Opportunities
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 15, 2014 10:04 PM EST
Stoke City midfielder Steven N'Zonzi revealed that he would love to remain at the Brittania Stadium next season despite seeing limited minutes in February.
Stoke City midfielder Steven N'Zonzi decides that he still wants to play for Mark Hughes despite being benched in February
"We will see. Hopefully (I will be here next year)," the former Blackburn man told the Sentinel.
"I've had a great season. It's been great for me, I've really enjoyed it. Hopefully I will enjoy the next season, too."
The Potters' ambition is what keeps the 25-year-old keen on wearing the red and white stripes.
"I'm ambitious, but so are Stoke. To finish in the top half of the Premier League is a great achievement."
"That's good for the club, and even more so for a club which has never finished in the top half of the Premier League before, and that's good for the future."
"As a footballer you have to want to play at the highest level possible. For myself, for the team, it's the same. You have to aim as high as you can."
"We have great players here. We've finished in the top 10 this season and the aim is to finish even higher next season. You have to aim for improvement all the time."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies