Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Striker Reveals Buy-Out Clause has No Preference
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 15, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez revealed that the buy-out clause in his contract that was signed in December does not contain any preferential importance to any club.
“I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team.” - Luis Suarez on his buy-out clause
Rumours have been circulating that the Uruguay international can be snatched by Real Madrid or Barcelona per provisions on the written document, but the 27-year-old was quick to deny.
"I know what I want and what my agent says is good for me, but I don't want to comment on speculation," said the former Ajax man.
"I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team."
Suarez's disclosed that his focus in now on the World Cup, which will be held in Brazil, since he has already fulfilled his duties for the Reds in the recently concluded season.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," he intimated.
"Our group is one of the most difficult. We will go forward thinking in each game as it comes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales