Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Striker Reveals Buy-Out Clause has No Preference
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 15, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez revealed that the buy-out clause in his contract that was signed in December does not contain any preferential importance to any club.
“I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team.” - Luis Suarez on his buy-out clause
Rumours have been circulating that the Uruguay international can be snatched by Real Madrid or Barcelona per provisions on the written document, but the 27-year-old was quick to deny.
"I know what I want and what my agent says is good for me, but I don't want to comment on speculation," said the former Ajax man.
"I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team."
Suarez's disclosed that his focus in now on the World Cup, which will be held in Brazil, since he has already fulfilled his duties for the Reds in the recently concluded season.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," he intimated.
"Our group is one of the most difficult. We will go forward thinking in each game as it comes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage