Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Striker Reveals Buy-Out Clause has No Preference
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 15, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez revealed that the buy-out clause in his contract that was signed in December does not contain any preferential importance to any club.
“I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team.” - Luis Suarez on his buy-out clause
Rumours have been circulating that the Uruguay international can be snatched by Real Madrid or Barcelona per provisions on the written document, but the 27-year-old was quick to deny.
"I know what I want and what my agent says is good for me, but I don't want to comment on speculation," said the former Ajax man.
"I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team."
Suarez's disclosed that his focus in now on the World Cup, which will be held in Brazil, since he has already fulfilled his duties for the Reds in the recently concluded season.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," he intimated.
"Our group is one of the most difficult. We will go forward thinking in each game as it comes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal