Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Striker Reveals Buy-Out Clause has No Preference
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 15, 2014 9:28 PM EST
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez revealed that the buy-out clause in his contract that was signed in December does not contain any preferential importance to any club.
“I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team.” - Luis Suarez on his buy-out clause
Rumours have been circulating that the Uruguay international can be snatched by Real Madrid or Barcelona per provisions on the written document, but the 27-year-old was quick to deny.
"I know what I want and what my agent says is good for me, but I don't want to comment on speculation," said the former Ajax man.
"I didn't sign any contract with clauses prioritising a certain team."
Suarez's disclosed that his focus in now on the World Cup, which will be held in Brazil, since he has already fulfilled his duties for the Reds in the recently concluded season.
"My focus is on the World Cup now. Everyone remembers the last World Cup we won in Brazil. But that is the past. I don't know if it was a miracle, in football you never know what will happen," he intimated.
"Our group is one of the most difficult. We will go forward thinking in each game as it comes."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions