‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Filming and Premiere Date Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 7:37 PM EST
There is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock." Reportedly, there is a possibility that the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year.
"It will [filming] not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com.
Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in the show, recently hinted that the production was originally slated to begin in autumn 2014. The busy-schedules of Benedict Cumberbatch and Freeman -- and also the creators, Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis -- have put the production on hold.
According to RadioTimes.com, Sue Vertue, producer of "Sherlock," had given the impression in January, during a public screening of the final episode of Season 3 "His Last Vow," that the waiting period for "Sherlock" Season 4 might be shorter compared to the two-year waiting period for Season 3.
"We're working on it. We're working on dates," she had said at the time, as quoted by RadioTimes. Also, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had said, "We'll get them made as quickly as we can."
However, later in Brazil while answering fans' questions, Gattis almost confirmed that it will take two years for "Sherlock" to return. "Writing three films is quite a lot of work and then getting everyone together... [it's] increasingly difficult to get everyone's diaries to align, so we couldn't really do more than three every couple of years I'm afraid," he said, as quoted by Mirror.
Meanwhile, Freeman has added more fuel to the speculation fire by hinting about a special episode. "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea, the actor said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post. He called it a "mouth-watering idea." However, he has no idea when they will begin filming this special episode.
BBC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4. However, this has not deterred Gattis and Moffat from mapping out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock" and talk about the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions