‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Filming and Premiere Date Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 7:37 PM EST
There is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock." Reportedly, there is a possibility that the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year.
"It will [filming] not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com.
Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in the show, recently hinted that the production was originally slated to begin in autumn 2014. The busy-schedules of Benedict Cumberbatch and Freeman -- and also the creators, Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis -- have put the production on hold.
According to RadioTimes.com, Sue Vertue, producer of "Sherlock," had given the impression in January, during a public screening of the final episode of Season 3 "His Last Vow," that the waiting period for "Sherlock" Season 4 might be shorter compared to the two-year waiting period for Season 3.
"We're working on it. We're working on dates," she had said at the time, as quoted by RadioTimes. Also, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had said, "We'll get them made as quickly as we can."
However, later in Brazil while answering fans' questions, Gattis almost confirmed that it will take two years for "Sherlock" to return. "Writing three films is quite a lot of work and then getting everyone together... [it's] increasingly difficult to get everyone's diaries to align, so we couldn't really do more than three every couple of years I'm afraid," he said, as quoted by Mirror.
Meanwhile, Freeman has added more fuel to the speculation fire by hinting about a special episode. "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea, the actor said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post. He called it a "mouth-watering idea." However, he has no idea when they will begin filming this special episode.
BBC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4. However, this has not deterred Gattis and Moffat from mapping out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock" and talk about the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6