‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Filming and Premiere Date Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 7:37 PM EST
There is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock." Reportedly, there is a possibility that the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year.
"It will [filming] not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com.
Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in the show, recently hinted that the production was originally slated to begin in autumn 2014. The busy-schedules of Benedict Cumberbatch and Freeman -- and also the creators, Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis -- have put the production on hold.
According to RadioTimes.com, Sue Vertue, producer of "Sherlock," had given the impression in January, during a public screening of the final episode of Season 3 "His Last Vow," that the waiting period for "Sherlock" Season 4 might be shorter compared to the two-year waiting period for Season 3.
"We're working on it. We're working on dates," she had said at the time, as quoted by RadioTimes. Also, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had said, "We'll get them made as quickly as we can."
However, later in Brazil while answering fans' questions, Gattis almost confirmed that it will take two years for "Sherlock" to return. "Writing three films is quite a lot of work and then getting everyone together... [it's] increasingly difficult to get everyone's diaries to align, so we couldn't really do more than three every couple of years I'm afraid," he said, as quoted by Mirror.
Meanwhile, Freeman has added more fuel to the speculation fire by hinting about a special episode. "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea, the actor said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post. He called it a "mouth-watering idea." However, he has no idea when they will begin filming this special episode.
BBC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4. However, this has not deterred Gattis and Moffat from mapping out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock" and talk about the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date