‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Filming and Premiere Date Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 7:37 PM EST
There is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock." Reportedly, there is a possibility that the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year.
"It will [filming] not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com.
Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in the show, recently hinted that the production was originally slated to begin in autumn 2014. The busy-schedules of Benedict Cumberbatch and Freeman -- and also the creators, Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis -- have put the production on hold.
According to RadioTimes.com, Sue Vertue, producer of "Sherlock," had given the impression in January, during a public screening of the final episode of Season 3 "His Last Vow," that the waiting period for "Sherlock" Season 4 might be shorter compared to the two-year waiting period for Season 3.
"We're working on it. We're working on dates," she had said at the time, as quoted by RadioTimes. Also, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had said, "We'll get them made as quickly as we can."
However, later in Brazil while answering fans' questions, Gattis almost confirmed that it will take two years for "Sherlock" to return. "Writing three films is quite a lot of work and then getting everyone together... [it's] increasingly difficult to get everyone's diaries to align, so we couldn't really do more than three every couple of years I'm afraid," he said, as quoted by Mirror.
Meanwhile, Freeman has added more fuel to the speculation fire by hinting about a special episode. "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea, the actor said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post. He called it a "mouth-watering idea." However, he has no idea when they will begin filming this special episode.
BBC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4. However, this has not deterred Gattis and Moffat from mapping out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock" and talk about the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight