‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Filming and Premiere Date Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 7:37 PM EST
There is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock." Reportedly, there is a possibility that the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year.
"It will [filming] not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com.
Martin Freeman, who plays Watson in the show, recently hinted that the production was originally slated to begin in autumn 2014. The busy-schedules of Benedict Cumberbatch and Freeman -- and also the creators, Steven Moffat and Mark Gattis -- have put the production on hold.
According to RadioTimes.com, Sue Vertue, producer of "Sherlock," had given the impression in January, during a public screening of the final episode of Season 3 "His Last Vow," that the waiting period for "Sherlock" Season 4 might be shorter compared to the two-year waiting period for Season 3.
"We're working on it. We're working on dates," she had said at the time, as quoted by RadioTimes. Also, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had said, "We'll get them made as quickly as we can."
However, later in Brazil while answering fans' questions, Gattis almost confirmed that it will take two years for "Sherlock" to return. "Writing three films is quite a lot of work and then getting everyone together... [it's] increasingly difficult to get everyone's diaries to align, so we couldn't really do more than three every couple of years I'm afraid," he said, as quoted by Mirror.
Meanwhile, Freeman has added more fuel to the speculation fire by hinting about a special episode. "Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea, the actor said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post. He called it a "mouth-watering idea." However, he has no idea when they will begin filming this special episode.
BBC has yet to announce that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4. However, this has not deterred Gattis and Moffat from mapping out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock" and talk about the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown