Nokia X Rolls Out Version 220.127.116.11 Software Update
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Nokia X Android Smartphone Officially Launched in India
One of the first noticeable change following the update is the change of the smartphone's firmware number from v11.1.1 to v18.104.22.168. The new firmware comes in 41MB in size along with Microsoft functionalities such as the Microsoft OneDrive and Contact Transfer. The update also offers an enhanced version of the Nokia Store, and as per purpose of an update, the version 22.214.171.124 for the Nokia X is expected to offer improvements in the phones functionality, specifically in its stability and performance.
For Nokia X Android smartphone users, installing the new firmware version is easy as pie. Below are steps to enjoy the good things v126.96.36.199 can bring:
Step 1: Normally, your smartphone will notify you when there are new updates recommended for installation. However, you can also check the new updates by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > and tap the Check now option.
Step 2: View and install the update by tapping the notification message. You can install it immediately or postpone it according to your convenience.
Step 3: The installation process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed. When the update had been installed, restart your smartphone for the changes to apply.
In installing the 188.8.131.52 software update for the Nokia X, it is suggested that the user will secure a steady internet connection for faster installation and avoidance of data traffic congestion.
Nokia X, also known as Nokia Normandy is one of the best-selling devices in the emerging markets. It was released on March 2014 and received a warm welcome from consumers in China with more than a million Nokia X devices pre-ordered within the first four days of the announcement of its release, according to Android Headlines.
Nokia X is offered for a lower price range compared to the Nokia Lumia series, but the device still packs features pleasing enough to handle a smartphone basic phone functionalities. The Nokia X runs with Qualcomm SnapdragonTM S4 processor, 3.15 MP (2048 x 1536 pixels) camera, a 4-inch display with a resolution of WVGA (800 x 480). In terms of battery life, the phone can stand up to 17 days in dual sim standby time.
The Nokia X Dual Sim carries a price tag of around AU $169.95 for the Australian market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery