Nokia X Rolls Out Version 126.96.36.199 Software Update
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Nokia X Android Smartphone Officially Launched in India
One of the first noticeable change following the update is the change of the smartphone's firmware number from v11.1.1 to v188.8.131.52. The new firmware comes in 41MB in size along with Microsoft functionalities such as the Microsoft OneDrive and Contact Transfer. The update also offers an enhanced version of the Nokia Store, and as per purpose of an update, the version 184.108.40.206 for the Nokia X is expected to offer improvements in the phones functionality, specifically in its stability and performance.
For Nokia X Android smartphone users, installing the new firmware version is easy as pie. Below are steps to enjoy the good things v220.127.116.11 can bring:
Step 1: Normally, your smartphone will notify you when there are new updates recommended for installation. However, you can also check the new updates by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > and tap the Check now option.
Step 2: View and install the update by tapping the notification message. You can install it immediately or postpone it according to your convenience.
Step 3: The installation process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed. When the update had been installed, restart your smartphone for the changes to apply.
In installing the 18.104.22.168 software update for the Nokia X, it is suggested that the user will secure a steady internet connection for faster installation and avoidance of data traffic congestion.
Nokia X, also known as Nokia Normandy is one of the best-selling devices in the emerging markets. It was released on March 2014 and received a warm welcome from consumers in China with more than a million Nokia X devices pre-ordered within the first four days of the announcement of its release, according to Android Headlines.
Nokia X is offered for a lower price range compared to the Nokia Lumia series, but the device still packs features pleasing enough to handle a smartphone basic phone functionalities. The Nokia X runs with Qualcomm SnapdragonTM S4 processor, 3.15 MP (2048 x 1536 pixels) camera, a 4-inch display with a resolution of WVGA (800 x 480). In terms of battery life, the phone can stand up to 17 days in dual sim standby time.
The Nokia X Dual Sim carries a price tag of around AU $169.95 for the Australian market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales