Nokia X Rolls Out Version 220.127.116.11 Software Update
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Nokia X Android Smartphone Officially Launched in India
One of the first noticeable change following the update is the change of the smartphone's firmware number from v11.1.1 to v18.104.22.168. The new firmware comes in 41MB in size along with Microsoft functionalities such as the Microsoft OneDrive and Contact Transfer. The update also offers an enhanced version of the Nokia Store, and as per purpose of an update, the version 22.214.171.124 for the Nokia X is expected to offer improvements in the phones functionality, specifically in its stability and performance.
For Nokia X Android smartphone users, installing the new firmware version is easy as pie. Below are steps to enjoy the good things v126.96.36.199 can bring:
Step 1: Normally, your smartphone will notify you when there are new updates recommended for installation. However, you can also check the new updates by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > and tap the Check now option.
Step 2: View and install the update by tapping the notification message. You can install it immediately or postpone it according to your convenience.
Step 3: The installation process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed. When the update had been installed, restart your smartphone for the changes to apply.
In installing the 188.8.131.52 software update for the Nokia X, it is suggested that the user will secure a steady internet connection for faster installation and avoidance of data traffic congestion.
Nokia X, also known as Nokia Normandy is one of the best-selling devices in the emerging markets. It was released on March 2014 and received a warm welcome from consumers in China with more than a million Nokia X devices pre-ordered within the first four days of the announcement of its release, according to Android Headlines.
Nokia X is offered for a lower price range compared to the Nokia Lumia series, but the device still packs features pleasing enough to handle a smartphone basic phone functionalities. The Nokia X runs with Qualcomm SnapdragonTM S4 processor, 3.15 MP (2048 x 1536 pixels) camera, a 4-inch display with a resolution of WVGA (800 x 480). In terms of battery life, the phone can stand up to 17 days in dual sim standby time.
The Nokia X Dual Sim carries a price tag of around AU $169.95 for the Australian market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]