Nokia X Rolls Out Version 188.8.131.52 Software Update
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Nokia X Android Smartphone Officially Launched in India
One of the first noticeable change following the update is the change of the smartphone's firmware number from v11.1.1 to v184.108.40.206. The new firmware comes in 41MB in size along with Microsoft functionalities such as the Microsoft OneDrive and Contact Transfer. The update also offers an enhanced version of the Nokia Store, and as per purpose of an update, the version 220.127.116.11 for the Nokia X is expected to offer improvements in the phones functionality, specifically in its stability and performance.
For Nokia X Android smartphone users, installing the new firmware version is easy as pie. Below are steps to enjoy the good things v18.104.22.168 can bring:
Step 1: Normally, your smartphone will notify you when there are new updates recommended for installation. However, you can also check the new updates by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > and tap the Check now option.
Step 2: View and install the update by tapping the notification message. You can install it immediately or postpone it according to your convenience.
Step 3: The installation process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed. When the update had been installed, restart your smartphone for the changes to apply.
In installing the 22.214.171.124 software update for the Nokia X, it is suggested that the user will secure a steady internet connection for faster installation and avoidance of data traffic congestion.
Nokia X, also known as Nokia Normandy is one of the best-selling devices in the emerging markets. It was released on March 2014 and received a warm welcome from consumers in China with more than a million Nokia X devices pre-ordered within the first four days of the announcement of its release, according to Android Headlines.
Nokia X is offered for a lower price range compared to the Nokia Lumia series, but the device still packs features pleasing enough to handle a smartphone basic phone functionalities. The Nokia X runs with Qualcomm SnapdragonTM S4 processor, 3.15 MP (2048 x 1536 pixels) camera, a 4-inch display with a resolution of WVGA (800 x 480). In terms of battery life, the phone can stand up to 17 days in dual sim standby time.
The Nokia X Dual Sim carries a price tag of around AU $169.95 for the Australian market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports