Channing Tatum’s Take on the Gambit Role; Explains it’s the Only X-Men Character He’s Ever Loved
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 15, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Channing Tatum appears to have gotten himself busy fighting off bad guys starting from his role as Jenko in "22 Jump Street" and ending to a newly confirmed Gambit role in the "X-Men" spinoff, known as "X-Men: Apocalypse."
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Producer of the 'X-Men' franchise Lauren Shuler Donner has recently confirmed in an interview with Total Film during the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" global promotional tour that the "22 Jump Street" actor is playing the role of Gambit a.k.a. Remy LeBeau, a mutant who definitely knows how to handle cards.
Remy LeBeau, a man from New Orleans, Louisiana has been abandoned at birth because of his burning eyes. At a very young age, he learned to become a thief and apparently what sets the character apart is his very thick accent. So will Channing Tatum be able to give justice to the X-Men character?
Various reactions from fans vary, including questions whether Tatum will be able to make a show of the accent, which apparently is called the Cajun accent, or if he is rough enough to play the role.
"He'll be great for Gambit, and he's a southerner too ... so he understands that world . . ." Lauren Shuler Donner gave the assurance during the interview.
According to Donner, Tatum will be great for the role of Gambit particularly that the actor is a southerner. A little digging around the Web shows that Channing Tatum is an actor born in the state of Alabama in the U.S. in a small town called Cullman.
"I guess being from down south... I just related to him. He's the most un-X-Men X-Men that's ever been in X-Men, other than maybe Wolverine," the "22 Jump Street" actor told MTV.
Aside from the 'X-Men' spinoff, which apparently is titled "X-Men: Apocalypse," Channing Tatum has several films in queue, including "22 Jump Street," which hits theatres in June 2014. Others are "Jupiter Ascending," "The Book of Life" and "Magic Mike XXL."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions