Channing Tatum’s Take on the Gambit Role; Explains it’s the Only X-Men Character He’s Ever Loved
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 15, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Channing Tatum appears to have gotten himself busy fighting off bad guys starting from his role as Jenko in "22 Jump Street" and ending to a newly confirmed Gambit role in the "X-Men" spinoff, known as "X-Men: Apocalypse."
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Producer of the 'X-Men' franchise Lauren Shuler Donner has recently confirmed in an interview with Total Film during the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" global promotional tour that the "22 Jump Street" actor is playing the role of Gambit a.k.a. Remy LeBeau, a mutant who definitely knows how to handle cards.
Remy LeBeau, a man from New Orleans, Louisiana has been abandoned at birth because of his burning eyes. At a very young age, he learned to become a thief and apparently what sets the character apart is his very thick accent. So will Channing Tatum be able to give justice to the X-Men character?
Various reactions from fans vary, including questions whether Tatum will be able to make a show of the accent, which apparently is called the Cajun accent, or if he is rough enough to play the role.
"He'll be great for Gambit, and he's a southerner too ... so he understands that world . . ." Lauren Shuler Donner gave the assurance during the interview.
According to Donner, Tatum will be great for the role of Gambit particularly that the actor is a southerner. A little digging around the Web shows that Channing Tatum is an actor born in the state of Alabama in the U.S. in a small town called Cullman.
"I guess being from down south... I just related to him. He's the most un-X-Men X-Men that's ever been in X-Men, other than maybe Wolverine," the "22 Jump Street" actor told MTV.
Aside from the 'X-Men' spinoff, which apparently is titled "X-Men: Apocalypse," Channing Tatum has several films in queue, including "22 Jump Street," which hits theatres in June 2014. Others are "Jupiter Ascending," "The Book of Life" and "Magic Mike XXL."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide