Channing Tatum’s Take on the Gambit Role; Explains it’s the Only X-Men Character He’s Ever Loved
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 15, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Channing Tatum appears to have gotten himself busy fighting off bad guys starting from his role as Jenko in "22 Jump Street" and ending to a newly confirmed Gambit role in the "X-Men" spinoff, known as "X-Men: Apocalypse."
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Producer of the 'X-Men' franchise Lauren Shuler Donner has recently confirmed in an interview with Total Film during the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" global promotional tour that the "22 Jump Street" actor is playing the role of Gambit a.k.a. Remy LeBeau, a mutant who definitely knows how to handle cards.
Remy LeBeau, a man from New Orleans, Louisiana has been abandoned at birth because of his burning eyes. At a very young age, he learned to become a thief and apparently what sets the character apart is his very thick accent. So will Channing Tatum be able to give justice to the X-Men character?
Various reactions from fans vary, including questions whether Tatum will be able to make a show of the accent, which apparently is called the Cajun accent, or if he is rough enough to play the role.
"He'll be great for Gambit, and he's a southerner too ... so he understands that world . . ." Lauren Shuler Donner gave the assurance during the interview.
According to Donner, Tatum will be great for the role of Gambit particularly that the actor is a southerner. A little digging around the Web shows that Channing Tatum is an actor born in the state of Alabama in the U.S. in a small town called Cullman.
"I guess being from down south... I just related to him. He's the most un-X-Men X-Men that's ever been in X-Men, other than maybe Wolverine," the "22 Jump Street" actor told MTV.
Aside from the 'X-Men' spinoff, which apparently is titled "X-Men: Apocalypse," Channing Tatum has several films in queue, including "22 Jump Street," which hits theatres in June 2014. Others are "Jupiter Ascending," "The Book of Life" and "Magic Mike XXL."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money