Channing Tatum’s Take on the Gambit Role; Explains it’s the Only X-Men Character He’s Ever Loved
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 15, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Channing Tatum appears to have gotten himself busy fighting off bad guys starting from his role as Jenko in "22 Jump Street" and ending to a newly confirmed Gambit role in the "X-Men" spinoff, known as "X-Men: Apocalypse."
Actor Channing Tatum with his wife Jenna Dewan pose with his Trailblazer award backstage at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Producer of the 'X-Men' franchise Lauren Shuler Donner has recently confirmed in an interview with Total Film during the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" global promotional tour that the "22 Jump Street" actor is playing the role of Gambit a.k.a. Remy LeBeau, a mutant who definitely knows how to handle cards.
Remy LeBeau, a man from New Orleans, Louisiana has been abandoned at birth because of his burning eyes. At a very young age, he learned to become a thief and apparently what sets the character apart is his very thick accent. So will Channing Tatum be able to give justice to the X-Men character?
Various reactions from fans vary, including questions whether Tatum will be able to make a show of the accent, which apparently is called the Cajun accent, or if he is rough enough to play the role.
"He'll be great for Gambit, and he's a southerner too ... so he understands that world . . ." Lauren Shuler Donner gave the assurance during the interview.
According to Donner, Tatum will be great for the role of Gambit particularly that the actor is a southerner. A little digging around the Web shows that Channing Tatum is an actor born in the state of Alabama in the U.S. in a small town called Cullman.
"I guess being from down south... I just related to him. He's the most un-X-Men X-Men that's ever been in X-Men, other than maybe Wolverine," the "22 Jump Street" actor told MTV.
Aside from the 'X-Men' spinoff, which apparently is titled "X-Men: Apocalypse," Channing Tatum has several films in queue, including "22 Jump Street," which hits theatres in June 2014. Others are "Jupiter Ascending," "The Book of Life" and "Magic Mike XXL."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4