Viral Video Cat vs. Dog: Family Cat Saves a Young Boy from a Dog Attack [WATCH]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 15, 2014 6:37 PM EST
On Wednesday, May 14, Roger Triantafilo posted a video on YouTube that showed how his pet cat saved his son from a dog attack. The recently shared video immediately became viral with already over 4 million views.
The description for the viral video reads: "My cat defends my son during a vicious dog attack and runs the dog off before he can do additional damage. Thankfully, my son is fine!" According to the abc7news.com report, a surveillance video captured the incident.
In the brief video footage, the young boy can be seen riding his bike. Then, the neighbor's dog noticed the little boy and viciously attacked the child from behind even dragging him a little bit before the family cat showed up.
The brave furry creature came to the rescue and chased the dog away to save the young boy from further injuries. The mother can also be seen in the video rushing to her injured son.
Roger Triantafilo noted as well in the YouTube video description the question why did the child's mother run away. He explained the mother made sure that the dog will no longer return for a second attack on the child after she had a look at the dog bites.
Roger further explained that the owners of the unleashed dog were nearby and also got bit by the dog when they tried to pin their pet in the yard.
"The owners did get control of the dog and secured him in which she immediately returned to attending to our son. I did not include that video because it was not so much about the dog but about the cats actions," Roger Triantafilo posted.
The viral video showed in the end the still images of the young boy's wounds on his leg. The gashes required stitches but the parents of the child expressed gratitude in the video that the wounds he sustained were not worse.
Viewers who watched the viral video of the cat versus the dog expressed their admiration for the cat. One comment suggested that the cat owners should give their pet a reward for saving and protecting their son from the dog attack. Have a look at the viral YouTube video below titled "My Cat Saved My Son."
Credit: YouTube/Roger Triantafilo
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video 'Family Feud' Fail: Performance Video of Contestant Anna Sass Not Getting the 18 Points Needed to Win Goes Viral - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air