Sony Xperia Z2 Carrier Predictions: Leaked Photos Suggest Xperia Z2 is Heading to Verizon
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 6:27 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 is purportedly heading to Verizon, new reports suggest.
Sony's newest flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving plenty of attention in the mobile market. Since its official launch in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 back in February, the device became one of the most anticipated gadget by avid Sony users. Unfortunately, there was no confirmed announcement whether the Xperia Z2 will reach U.S stores in the past months.
Related Post: Sony Xperia Z2: Best Features Users Will Love
UAE is one of the first markets to get a hold of Sony's flagship in Apri. Hopes are high that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered by various U.S. network carriers following its global release.
There is a good news for Sony fans who are patiently waiting for the Xperia Z2 to come in the US market. For the second time, the Japanese manufacturer's flagship is spotted with the Verizon logo encrypted on the device. Though the "appearances" are basically leaks, they suggest a huge possibility that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered under a contract in the U.S.
The first leak was seen in the official Google+ Page of Sony Xperia on Thrusday, May 1, 2014, in a report by DroidLife. On the other hand, the image was taken by Sony quickly, thereafter, sending the Web site a message of apology for the "confusion that they have caused" for uploading the mock-up image in mistake. They also announced that the unlocked version of the device will be heading U.S. in summer.
This came early though with the "unofficial" unlocked versions roaming in stores like the ones offered by GSM Nation. The feature-packed smartphone carries a price tag of $799.00.
It took only ten days for the second promotional poster to leak online. In a post by Korean Web site, Sony Xperia Z2 is seen with Verizon logo in its back cover. It is easy to spot the logo in the poster that features the device's water-resistant capabilities.
Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving critical acclaim for its outstanding features. Despite the manufacturer confirming that it will not release the device under a contract any time soon, Tech source Examiner revealed that the smartphone is designed to cater different US carriers with band compatibilities in AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015