Sony Xperia Z2 Carrier Predictions: Leaked Photos Suggest Xperia Z2 is Heading to Verizon
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 6:27 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 is purportedly heading to Verizon, new reports suggest.
Sony's newest flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving plenty of attention in the mobile market. Since its official launch in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 back in February, the device became one of the most anticipated gadget by avid Sony users. Unfortunately, there was no confirmed announcement whether the Xperia Z2 will reach U.S stores in the past months.
Related Post: Sony Xperia Z2: Best Features Users Will Love
UAE is one of the first markets to get a hold of Sony's flagship in Apri. Hopes are high that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered by various U.S. network carriers following its global release.
There is a good news for Sony fans who are patiently waiting for the Xperia Z2 to come in the US market. For the second time, the Japanese manufacturer's flagship is spotted with the Verizon logo encrypted on the device. Though the "appearances" are basically leaks, they suggest a huge possibility that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered under a contract in the U.S.
The first leak was seen in the official Google+ Page of Sony Xperia on Thrusday, May 1, 2014, in a report by DroidLife. On the other hand, the image was taken by Sony quickly, thereafter, sending the Web site a message of apology for the "confusion that they have caused" for uploading the mock-up image in mistake. They also announced that the unlocked version of the device will be heading U.S. in summer.
This came early though with the "unofficial" unlocked versions roaming in stores like the ones offered by GSM Nation. The feature-packed smartphone carries a price tag of $799.00.
It took only ten days for the second promotional poster to leak online. In a post by Korean Web site, Sony Xperia Z2 is seen with Verizon logo in its back cover. It is easy to spot the logo in the poster that features the device's water-resistant capabilities.
Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving critical acclaim for its outstanding features. Despite the manufacturer confirming that it will not release the device under a contract any time soon, Tech source Examiner revealed that the smartphone is designed to cater different US carriers with band compatibilities in AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast