Sony Xperia Z2 Carrier Predictions: Leaked Photos Suggest Xperia Z2 is Heading to Verizon
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 15, 2014 6:27 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z2 is purportedly heading to Verizon, new reports suggest.
Sony's newest flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving plenty of attention in the mobile market. Since its official launch in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 back in February, the device became one of the most anticipated gadget by avid Sony users. Unfortunately, there was no confirmed announcement whether the Xperia Z2 will reach U.S stores in the past months.
Related Post: Sony Xperia Z2: Best Features Users Will Love
UAE is one of the first markets to get a hold of Sony's flagship in Apri. Hopes are high that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered by various U.S. network carriers following its global release.
There is a good news for Sony fans who are patiently waiting for the Xperia Z2 to come in the US market. For the second time, the Japanese manufacturer's flagship is spotted with the Verizon logo encrypted on the device. Though the "appearances" are basically leaks, they suggest a huge possibility that the Sony Xperia Z2 will be offered under a contract in the U.S.
The first leak was seen in the official Google+ Page of Sony Xperia on Thrusday, May 1, 2014, in a report by DroidLife. On the other hand, the image was taken by Sony quickly, thereafter, sending the Web site a message of apology for the "confusion that they have caused" for uploading the mock-up image in mistake. They also announced that the unlocked version of the device will be heading U.S. in summer.
This came early though with the "unofficial" unlocked versions roaming in stores like the ones offered by GSM Nation. The feature-packed smartphone carries a price tag of $799.00.
It took only ten days for the second promotional poster to leak online. In a post by Korean Web site, Sony Xperia Z2 is seen with Verizon logo in its back cover. It is easy to spot the logo in the poster that features the device's water-resistant capabilities.
Sony Xperia Z2 is receiving critical acclaim for its outstanding features. Despite the manufacturer confirming that it will not release the device under a contract any time soon, Tech source Examiner revealed that the smartphone is designed to cater different US carriers with band compatibilities in AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family