Moto G Gets Better But 'Pricier'
By Naveena Joy | May 15, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Motorola readies a series of smartphones that are cheaper. After unveiling the Moto E, the cheapest Android smartphone, it now rolls out the new Moto G version.
Previously, Motorola faced problems with its product Moto G as it had 4G and no expandable storage. The current version of Moto G is a rectified version possessing 4G LTE, offering users faster data speeds and microSD card support.
The Moto G will be available globally by end May. The specifications remain the same in every other respect, other than its price. It will cost higher than the earlier version at $219. This will be without a contract, unlocked and with 8 GB storage.
The physical appearance of Moto G remains unchanged with 4.5-inch body. It's not big even if it is packed with a 4G LTE radio inside. It is comfortable to hold and type with one hand with its curved back. The Moto G will also now come in white color and a huge collection of plastic back panels. The microSD card slot is under this cover with 8 GB storage, but an option to add in 32 GB microSD cards, thereby removing any storage issue.
The Moto G has the best screen available on a budget phone, 4.5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, giving a really good density of 326 pixels per inch, high brightness, vivid colors and decent viewing angles.
This 4G phone has Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1.2 GHz quad-core, 1 GB RAM and 2,070 mAh battery. The Moto G model will come with Android 4.4.2 KitKat having new features such as the ability to display video and games at full screen without the navigation buttons taking up space. It also allows searching for local businesses directly from the contacts app.
The G includes Motorola Assist, which set tasks such as automatically turn the phone in silence mode when in a meeting. There is space for a 5 MP camera, which produces some decent photos and performs with extra features like HDR and panorama modes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown