‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 10, 11 Casting Update, Spoilers: Things to Expect, Who Returns, Who Exits Plus Airdate Update and New Timeslot
By jaskiran kaur | May 15, 2014 5:02 PM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 is over. While it will take some time to get over what just happened in finale, fans are looking ahead in the future. The biggest question is what happens after Cristina Yang leaves and who will return to the series when Season 11 premieres. Here are few things fans can expect from "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11. Read on to find out the details and casting update. Also, find out when the show returns and its new timeslot. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
Fans know that "Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 Episode 24 titled "Fear (Of the Unknown)" features Sandra Oh's Cristina Yang's farewell and a tragedy which is possibly an act of terrorism. Cristina's goodbye is definitely going to leave Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd) shattered. The massive explosion at the mall is going to cause a chaotic situation at the hospital.
Fans can expect to see the consequences of the events that took place in the finale when the show returns with Season 11. Owen and Meredith will have a lot to deal with after Cristina bids goodbye.
Along with Sandra Oh, Tessa Ferra and Gaius Charles will also be appearing for the last time on "Grey's Anatomy." Two of them are also exiting the show, as reported earlier by Deadline. Tessa who plays Leah and Gaius who plays Shane were promoted to series regular recently, for show's season 10. With three actors together exiting the show, fans are anxious to know if other favorite characters will be returning.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, four original cast members have confirmed their return for Season 11 as well as season 12. The Web site notes Sara Ramirez, Chandra Wilson, Justin Chambers and James Pickens Jr. have recently signed new contracts with ABC confirming their stay for another two seasons. The actors portray characters Callie Torres, Miranda Bailey, Alex Karev and Richard Webber, respectively.
Christian Post infers that signing new contracts means their characters remain "safe" in the upcoming "explosive" Season finale. In January 2014, Radio Times reported that Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo have also signed their two-year contracts and they will continue to feature as series regulars. Patrick Dempsey portrays the role of neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd and Ellen plays his wife and Doctor Meredith Grey.
Meanwhile, it is not yet revealed if actress Caterina Scorsone will be promoted to series regular for "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11. She recently reprised her role of Derek's sister Amelia and appeared on Episode 21.
Furthermore, the show has been given a new timeslot. So when it returns with its Season 11, it airs at 8 Pm ET on Thursdays instead of 9 Pm, according to Wetpaint. The show will be followed by Shonda Rhimes' shows "Scandal" at 9 pm and "How to Get Away With Murder." The announcement was made as part of ABC's 2014-2015 fall lineups. The show is expected to return at that time. Premiere date will be announced later.
Another Wetpaint report states that "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 will follow the split-season format just like its Season 10.
"We're going to be doing split seasons on most of our shows this year," announced Channel's President Paul Lee as reported by TV Line. Episodes will air during two-part season.
But what to expect in "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11? Examiner notes that Shonda Rhimes revealed that the next season will focus a lot more on Callie and Arizona's marriage. As for Alex, he will stay "connected" with the hospital due to his relationship with Jo. With Leah and Shane gone, new interns or residents are expected. Meanwhile, Meredith and Derek may have to deal with a new member in the family, Amelia (if she stays). But before that Meredith has to make a "life-changing decision" in Season 10 finale as noted by Wetpaint. So, are you looking forward to "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11?
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays on ABC.
For more spoilers on "Grey's Anatomy" Season 10 Finale (Episode 24) "Fear (of the Unknown)" and more, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon