iOS 8 to Offer HD Audio Support
By Naveena Joy | May 15, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Apple is all set for the WorldWide Developers Conference on June 2. Various publications reported the expected features of Apple's new product, iOS 8, having the split screen functionality to its tablet.
Apple is likely to buy Beats Electronics.
Japanese blog Mac Otakara's report suggested Apple will add high-definition audio support in iOS 8. It will also introduce its next generation in-ear headphones, along with a new Lightning connector for iPhones and iPads as suggested by MacRumors.
Currently, the iOS 7 Music app is unable to play a high quality 24-bit audio files that contain a sampling frequency beyond 48 kHz. While third-party apps such as Onkyo's HF Player and FLAC Player can play these audio files, users are still limited to onboard playback at a 16-bit rate.
Apple's upgraded Lightning cable will accommodate high-definition playback on Made For iPhone (MFi) audio accessories, although it isn't clear when the company would introduce the updated wire.
The report also hinted Apple will be introducing new in-ear headphones, which have not been refreshed since 2008. This news is interesting as Apple is set to acquire the headphone maker, Beats Electronics, and its music streaming service. Co-founders, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, of Beats Electronics will be acting as new senior advisors.
The screenshots of the software suggested it will feature a similar design and layout to iOS 7, including some major improvements to Siri and Maps. Along with a high-definition audio playback, the new mobile operating system is speculated to include a standalone iTunes Radio app, a Healthbook app for tracking multiple fitness and exercise-related parameters, a music search function.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage