iOS 8 to Offer HD Audio Support
By Naveena Joy | May 15, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Apple is all set for the WorldWide Developers Conference on June 2. Various publications reported the expected features of Apple's new product, iOS 8, having the split screen functionality to its tablet.
Apple is likely to buy Beats Electronics.
Japanese blog Mac Otakara's report suggested Apple will add high-definition audio support in iOS 8. It will also introduce its next generation in-ear headphones, along with a new Lightning connector for iPhones and iPads as suggested by MacRumors.
Currently, the iOS 7 Music app is unable to play a high quality 24-bit audio files that contain a sampling frequency beyond 48 kHz. While third-party apps such as Onkyo's HF Player and FLAC Player can play these audio files, users are still limited to onboard playback at a 16-bit rate.
Apple's upgraded Lightning cable will accommodate high-definition playback on Made For iPhone (MFi) audio accessories, although it isn't clear when the company would introduce the updated wire.
The report also hinted Apple will be introducing new in-ear headphones, which have not been refreshed since 2008. This news is interesting as Apple is set to acquire the headphone maker, Beats Electronics, and its music streaming service. Co-founders, Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, of Beats Electronics will be acting as new senior advisors.
The screenshots of the software suggested it will feature a similar design and layout to iOS 7, including some major improvements to Siri and Maps. Along with a high-definition audio playback, the new mobile operating system is speculated to include a standalone iTunes Radio app, a Healthbook app for tracking multiple fitness and exercise-related parameters, a music search function.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display