'Harry Potter' Spinoff Movie - Details About the 'Fantastic Beasts'
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 15, 2014 3:38 PM EST
The main "Harry Potter" saga ended two years, but the fans are chattering about the boy wizard again. Warner Bros. announced recently that the first Harry Potter spinoff trilogy movie will hit theatres on Nov. 18 2006.
Author J.K. Rowling and husband Neil Murray host a special family fundraising evening in aid of her children's charity, Lumos, at the "Warner Bros. Studio - The Making of Harry Potter in Hertfordfshire" in London Nov. 9, 2013.
Author J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. revealed the spinoff when she announced that she will be writing the screenplay for the films based on "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." The trilogy will be set in New York 70 years before the Harry Potter saga events.
The book is written in 2001 about magical creatures in the Harry Potter Universe. 'Fantastic Beasts' is the textbook owned by Harry Potter and written by the "magizoologist" Newt Scamander, a fictional character in the Harry Potter series. The fictional textbook is used at the witchcraft and wizardry school of "Hogwarts."
The previous Harry Potter movies didn't focus too much on the Fantastic Beasts textbook, as it's left unclear even for book readers why the Hogwarts students need it in the first year. The spinoff movie will have a wide world to explore basing the story on the the textbook alone.
The book contains the history of Magizoology and lists the 75 magical creatures in Harry Potter's fictional world. Scamander says he gathered information about the beasts through observations over the years of traveling in many continents. It also contains random quotes and doodles from Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Fans may speculate that the supposed quotes and doodles may actually mean more which everyone will find out in the upcoming movie.
Newt Scamander is the fictional author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Scamander became a magizoologist because of his interests for remarkable beasts. Scamander is also the "pseudonym" of J.K. Rowling herself.
After J.K. Rowling finishes the script, she only has to find a director for the film. Directors, producers, and cast members haven't been announced but rumours surely will follow in the next few months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand