‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers Episode 7 Preview [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 15, 2014 3:34 PM EST
With the gripping trial scene of Tyrion Lannister, things are heating up in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Here is a look at what to expect from the upcoming episode 7, including who will be Tyrion's champion in the trial by combat.
Tywin Lannister seemed to have turned a blind eye to the manipulation done by Cersei in the trial. Perhaps he was hoping to use the trial as an excuse to get rid of the son he never wanted, but Tyrion may have spoilt his plans by demanding a trial by combat.
Fans are saying that Peter Dinklage's performance was the best ever in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 6, during the trial scene. Fans expect him to win an Emmy Award for this performance.
After watching the last episode of Game Of Thrones, i have no doubt that Peter Dinklage is going to win another Emmy.
— Don Vito Corleone (@Ahmed_Vitoo) May 15, 2014
According to books "A Song of Fire and Ice," written by George R. R. Martin, this will be the turning point for the Lannisters. Tywin should not have underestimated his son so much. His demand for trial for combat will create more complications for the kingdom.
Tyrion seemed to have been swayed by his brother Jaime to allow the trial to continue and plead for mercy from the judges. But it was the testimony by Shae which pushed him over the edge and he gave an emotional speech about what the trial was really about. He charged that the trial was really about him being a dwarf.
There is another death coming in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. The trial by combat can have only one survivor. Cersei Lannister has already made it known that her champion will be The Mountain - Gregor Clegane.
Who will Tyrion Lannister's Champion be? The tile of episode 8 gives fans an idea, the title of the episode is - The Mountain and the Viper. Prince Oberyn Martell has always blamed Gregor Clegane for raping his sister and murdering her children at the sacking of Kings Landing during Robert's rebellion.
Prince Oberyn Martell is known as The Viper, he is known to use poison on his weapons to give his enemies a very painful death. No matter who dies in the battle, the House Lannister stands to lose. Gregor Clegane is their best and loyal warrior and relations have not been smooth with the House Martell.
According to the books written by George R.R. Martin, on which the show is based, both the champions will die. Gregor Clegane will kill Oberyn in the battle and the poison used by the prince will kill Gregor eventually.
The situation will put Tyrion Lannister in a precarious situation in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. But fans need not worry; the popular character is not expected to lose his head, yet. The journey for the character is expected to get more interesting in Season 5.
Brad Pitt's Secret Girlfriend and More Revealed in a Book by Jason Priestley [Read]
'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' - Trailer Shows the Domination of Apes [Read]
'Star Wars' Rebels: A Must Watch For Episode 7? [Watch Trailer] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon