PS4 vs. Xbox One: Massive PlayStation Sale Spotted and Xbox Live Gold Refund Detailed with Changes
By Gel Galang | May 15, 2014 3:05 PM EST
A lot of deals and refunds are going on at both the PS4 and Xbox One headquarters. Over at the PS4 side, the May Madness promo is already at work, with 100 discounts available for players of the PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSP and PS One, as announced via the PlayStation Blog Europe.
For players of the PS4, there are only three games that are out for sale: "EA Sports NBA Live 14" and "Madden NFL 25," both discounted by AU$30 to AU$69.95 and "Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition," discounted at 50% to AU$9.45.
The majority of the games are for PS3, and there are pretty good titles with sweet deals. You have "Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons," "Crysis 2," "Dead Island," a number of "Resident Evil" games, "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified," "The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1," "Worms" games, and "XCOM Enemy Within."
Check out the complete list of the discounted games in the link above and take advantage of this May Madness promo.
Changes for the Xbox Live Gold Announced
Roughly at the same time that the Kinect-less Xbox One was announced, head of Xbox Phil Spencer has also mentioned that there will be some new changes in relation to the Xbox Live.
Over at the Xbox Wire, it was announced that more Games with Gold for those who have the Xbox Live Gold subscription will arrive in celebration of the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold. This means that a total of three titles, "Dark Souls," "Charlie Murder," and "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" will be coming for the June Games with Gold.
There will also be changes for the availability of entertainment apps, since June will also bring in the fact that popular entertainment apps including Machinima, twitch, Upload, Netflix, HBO GO, Red Bull TV and more will now be available to anyone with an Xbox and regardless if you have an Xbox Live Gold membership or not.
Of course, this doesn't mean that those who are still loyal to the Xbox Live Gold membership will not have any bonuses, as Microsoft has also announced exclusive discounts for subscription holders. There will be discounts of up to 75% for Xbox Live Gold members for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360. And specifically on the Xbox One, there will be a virtual VIP room for the Xbox Live Gold members, which will feature "free games, monthly deals and other great benefits."
Since some of the entertainment apps will now be free for all Xbox users, a pro-rata refund has also been made available by Microsoft for those who may have purchased a membership before the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates become active come June.
GameSpot found the announcement via the Xbox Support FAQ, where the important changes have all been noted down. For those interested in the refund, you can get any unused remaining days between the date of cancelation and the date the paid Gold membership ends. However, the cancellation and pro-rata refund requests should be submitted by August 31, 2014 as it will need six to eight weeks of processing.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia