PS4 vs. Xbox One: Massive PlayStation Sale Spotted and Xbox Live Gold Refund Detailed with Changes
By Gel Galang | May 15, 2014 3:05 PM EST
A lot of deals and refunds are going on at both the PS4 and Xbox One headquarters. Over at the PS4 side, the May Madness promo is already at work, with 100 discounts available for players of the PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSP and PS One, as announced via the PlayStation Blog Europe.
For players of the PS4, there are only three games that are out for sale: "EA Sports NBA Live 14" and "Madden NFL 25," both discounted by AU$30 to AU$69.95 and "Stealth Inc. Ultimate Edition," discounted at 50% to AU$9.45.
The majority of the games are for PS3, and there are pretty good titles with sweet deals. You have "Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons," "Crysis 2," "Dead Island," a number of "Resident Evil" games, "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified," "The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 1," "Worms" games, and "XCOM Enemy Within."
Check out the complete list of the discounted games in the link above and take advantage of this May Madness promo.
Changes for the Xbox Live Gold Announced
Roughly at the same time that the Kinect-less Xbox One was announced, head of Xbox Phil Spencer has also mentioned that there will be some new changes in relation to the Xbox Live.
Over at the Xbox Wire, it was announced that more Games with Gold for those who have the Xbox Live Gold subscription will arrive in celebration of the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold. This means that a total of three titles, "Dark Souls," "Charlie Murder," and "Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition" will be coming for the June Games with Gold.
There will also be changes for the availability of entertainment apps, since June will also bring in the fact that popular entertainment apps including Machinima, twitch, Upload, Netflix, HBO GO, Red Bull TV and more will now be available to anyone with an Xbox and regardless if you have an Xbox Live Gold membership or not.
Of course, this doesn't mean that those who are still loyal to the Xbox Live Gold membership will not have any bonuses, as Microsoft has also announced exclusive discounts for subscription holders. There will be discounts of up to 75% for Xbox Live Gold members for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360. And specifically on the Xbox One, there will be a virtual VIP room for the Xbox Live Gold members, which will feature "free games, monthly deals and other great benefits."
Since some of the entertainment apps will now be free for all Xbox users, a pro-rata refund has also been made available by Microsoft for those who may have purchased a membership before the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates become active come June.
GameSpot found the announcement via the Xbox Support FAQ, where the important changes have all been noted down. For those interested in the refund, you can get any unused remaining days between the date of cancelation and the date the paid Gold membership ends. However, the cancellation and pro-rata refund requests should be submitted by August 31, 2014 as it will need six to eight weeks of processing.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone