Miranda Kerr Snappy on Buddhism; Says She is Not Religious but Spiritual
By Athena Yenko | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
"No, I'm not Buddhist. Orlando is. I'm not Buddhist. I'm Christian. I pray every day. I meditate every day and I do yoga. I'm not religious, I'm spiritual. And praying is something my grandmother taught me as well. To pray and be grateful, have gratitude, is a big thing for me," she said a little too elaborate.
She shared that she grew up as a child in Australia comfortable in the rustic town Gunnedah. She only had her grandmother beside her as her mother was only eighteen when she had her.
"I grew up with horses and motorbikes and being outside. I guess I was a tomboy in that I loved to be outside, and then I had that balance and I was intrigued by the feminine aspect. I would sit and talk to my grandmother a lot about certain things," she recalled.
She said she was contented living in the farm until an idea from a friend arouses her curiosity. Her friend persuaded her to join the Dolly magazine modelling contest.
"I was 14. I guess I wasn't that interested [in modelling]. I wanted to finish high school. When I finished high school I travelled to Japan, because I had a contract in Japan. Then I went back to Australia. I didn't really take it seriously to begin with. I just thought it was a fun experience. I never thought it would last this long."
Curiously, when asked about her support system in New York being too far away from Australia, she began her answer with a story about her high school boyfriend who died in a car accident.
"When I have challenges now, I feel like I sit with them, I try to look at things, because there's always a positive and a negative to everything. And sometimes I'll speak to friends, and sometimes I'll just meditate and I'll visualise letting it go, or whatever it might be. Meditation and yoga, and having people, as I said, who you trust, who you talk to," she shared.
Kerr added that she also considered writing as an outlet during times of problems.
"I like to write, and then I can rip it up or burn it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Ghost Captured On Video, Stanley Palace Home To The Paranormal
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Pakistani Mob Burns 3 Over Blasphemous Post on Facebook (VIDEO)
- Eid 2014: Facts and History on the Islamic Festival After Ramadan
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff