Miranda Kerr Snappy on Buddhism; Says She is Not Religious but Spiritual
By Athena Yenko | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
"No, I'm not Buddhist. Orlando is. I'm not Buddhist. I'm Christian. I pray every day. I meditate every day and I do yoga. I'm not religious, I'm spiritual. And praying is something my grandmother taught me as well. To pray and be grateful, have gratitude, is a big thing for me," she said a little too elaborate.
She shared that she grew up as a child in Australia comfortable in the rustic town Gunnedah. She only had her grandmother beside her as her mother was only eighteen when she had her.
"I grew up with horses and motorbikes and being outside. I guess I was a tomboy in that I loved to be outside, and then I had that balance and I was intrigued by the feminine aspect. I would sit and talk to my grandmother a lot about certain things," she recalled.
She said she was contented living in the farm until an idea from a friend arouses her curiosity. Her friend persuaded her to join the Dolly magazine modelling contest.
"I was 14. I guess I wasn't that interested [in modelling]. I wanted to finish high school. When I finished high school I travelled to Japan, because I had a contract in Japan. Then I went back to Australia. I didn't really take it seriously to begin with. I just thought it was a fun experience. I never thought it would last this long."
Curiously, when asked about her support system in New York being too far away from Australia, she began her answer with a story about her high school boyfriend who died in a car accident.
"When I have challenges now, I feel like I sit with them, I try to look at things, because there's always a positive and a negative to everything. And sometimes I'll speak to friends, and sometimes I'll just meditate and I'll visualise letting it go, or whatever it might be. Meditation and yoga, and having people, as I said, who you trust, who you talk to," she shared.
Kerr added that she also considered writing as an outlet during times of problems.
"I like to write, and then I can rip it up or burn it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS