Motorola Moto G Smartphone Features Updated In New Model
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Motorola has certainly been enjoying great sales with their Motorola Moto G Smartphone, ever since its release on November 2013 in the US, and eventually to other markets worldwide. The phone came out in two variants for carrier unlocked models, an 8GB and 16GB model priced at $179 and $199 respectively. Even the most frugal of consumers found it hard to resist the attractive price point set by Motorola. According to ZDnet, Motorola's Moto G is the best selling Smartphone in the company's history.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The Motorola Moto G has all the specs and features, like a 4.5" IPS LCD screen with a pixel density of 326ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 Protection for its Display, and Android OS V4.4 Kitkat out of the box (for some models shipped after the initial launch). These specs are usually present in mid-range to high end models for other smartphone brands. The only deal-breaker, according to CNET, is that it lacked 4G LTE capabilities and the limited storage capacity is not expandable.
Taking queue from the Moto G's high sales, Motorola has announced and confirmed that a new model will be released. The updated Motorola G will include the omitted features from last year's model; 4G LTE connectivity, and the most sought after Micro SD expansion slot (photo). The 4G Moto G will retain the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor as with the original model, which is a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset, backed up by 1GB of RAM. It will also be available in a fresh coat of paint with the white color model (photo) selling alongside the original black color model. With the Micro SD Card expansion slot feature, the 4G Moto G will only be available in 8 GB models. The price of the new Motorola Moto G model has been set at $219 which is available for pre-order on their website and is expected to be shipped out late this May of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James