Motorola Moto G Smartphone Features Updated In New Model
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Motorola has certainly been enjoying great sales with their Motorola Moto G Smartphone, ever since its release on November 2013 in the US, and eventually to other markets worldwide. The phone came out in two variants for carrier unlocked models, an 8GB and 16GB model priced at $179 and $199 respectively. Even the most frugal of consumers found it hard to resist the attractive price point set by Motorola. According to ZDnet, Motorola's Moto G is the best selling Smartphone in the company's history.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The Motorola Moto G has all the specs and features, like a 4.5" IPS LCD screen with a pixel density of 326ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 Protection for its Display, and Android OS V4.4 Kitkat out of the box (for some models shipped after the initial launch). These specs are usually present in mid-range to high end models for other smartphone brands. The only deal-breaker, according to CNET, is that it lacked 4G LTE capabilities and the limited storage capacity is not expandable.
Taking queue from the Moto G's high sales, Motorola has announced and confirmed that a new model will be released. The updated Motorola G will include the omitted features from last year's model; 4G LTE connectivity, and the most sought after Micro SD expansion slot (photo). The 4G Moto G will retain the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor as with the original model, which is a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset, backed up by 1GB of RAM. It will also be available in a fresh coat of paint with the white color model (photo) selling alongside the original black color model. With the Micro SD Card expansion slot feature, the 4G Moto G will only be available in 8 GB models. The price of the new Motorola Moto G model has been set at $219 which is available for pre-order on their website and is expected to be shipped out late this May of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown