Motorola Moto G Smartphone Features Updated In New Model
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Motorola has certainly been enjoying great sales with their Motorola Moto G Smartphone, ever since its release on November 2013 in the US, and eventually to other markets worldwide. The phone came out in two variants for carrier unlocked models, an 8GB and 16GB model priced at $179 and $199 respectively. Even the most frugal of consumers found it hard to resist the attractive price point set by Motorola. According to ZDnet, Motorola's Moto G is the best selling Smartphone in the company's history.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The Motorola Moto G has all the specs and features, like a 4.5" IPS LCD screen with a pixel density of 326ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 Protection for its Display, and Android OS V4.4 Kitkat out of the box (for some models shipped after the initial launch). These specs are usually present in mid-range to high end models for other smartphone brands. The only deal-breaker, according to CNET, is that it lacked 4G LTE capabilities and the limited storage capacity is not expandable.
Taking queue from the Moto G's high sales, Motorola has announced and confirmed that a new model will be released. The updated Motorola G will include the omitted features from last year's model; 4G LTE connectivity, and the most sought after Micro SD expansion slot (photo). The 4G Moto G will retain the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor as with the original model, which is a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset, backed up by 1GB of RAM. It will also be available in a fresh coat of paint with the white color model (photo) selling alongside the original black color model. With the Micro SD Card expansion slot feature, the 4G Moto G will only be available in 8 GB models. The price of the new Motorola Moto G model has been set at $219 which is available for pre-order on their website and is expected to be shipped out late this May of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]