Motorola Moto G Smartphone Features Updated In New Model
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Motorola has certainly been enjoying great sales with their Motorola Moto G Smartphone, ever since its release on November 2013 in the US, and eventually to other markets worldwide. The phone came out in two variants for carrier unlocked models, an 8GB and 16GB model priced at $179 and $199 respectively. Even the most frugal of consumers found it hard to resist the attractive price point set by Motorola. According to ZDnet, Motorola's Moto G is the best selling Smartphone in the company's history.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The Motorola Moto G has all the specs and features, like a 4.5" IPS LCD screen with a pixel density of 326ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 Protection for its Display, and Android OS V4.4 Kitkat out of the box (for some models shipped after the initial launch). These specs are usually present in mid-range to high end models for other smartphone brands. The only deal-breaker, according to CNET, is that it lacked 4G LTE capabilities and the limited storage capacity is not expandable.
Taking queue from the Moto G's high sales, Motorola has announced and confirmed that a new model will be released. The updated Motorola G will include the omitted features from last year's model; 4G LTE connectivity, and the most sought after Micro SD expansion slot (photo). The 4G Moto G will retain the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor as with the original model, which is a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset, backed up by 1GB of RAM. It will also be available in a fresh coat of paint with the white color model (photo) selling alongside the original black color model. With the Micro SD Card expansion slot feature, the 4G Moto G will only be available in 8 GB models. The price of the new Motorola Moto G model has been set at $219 which is available for pre-order on their website and is expected to be shipped out late this May of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage