Motorola Moto G Smartphone Features Updated In New Model
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Motorola has certainly been enjoying great sales with their Motorola Moto G Smartphone, ever since its release on November 2013 in the US, and eventually to other markets worldwide. The phone came out in two variants for carrier unlocked models, an 8GB and 16GB model priced at $179 and $199 respectively. Even the most frugal of consumers found it hard to resist the attractive price point set by Motorola. According to ZDnet, Motorola's Moto G is the best selling Smartphone in the company's history.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The Motorola Moto G has all the specs and features, like a 4.5" IPS LCD screen with a pixel density of 326ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 Protection for its Display, and Android OS V4.4 Kitkat out of the box (for some models shipped after the initial launch). These specs are usually present in mid-range to high end models for other smartphone brands. The only deal-breaker, according to CNET, is that it lacked 4G LTE capabilities and the limited storage capacity is not expandable.
Taking queue from the Moto G's high sales, Motorola has announced and confirmed that a new model will be released. The updated Motorola G will include the omitted features from last year's model; 4G LTE connectivity, and the most sought after Micro SD expansion slot (photo). The 4G Moto G will retain the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor as with the original model, which is a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset, backed up by 1GB of RAM. It will also be available in a fresh coat of paint with the white color model (photo) selling alongside the original black color model. With the Micro SD Card expansion slot feature, the 4G Moto G will only be available in 8 GB models. The price of the new Motorola Moto G model has been set at $219 which is available for pre-order on their website and is expected to be shipped out late this May of 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family