‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-off ‘Better Call Saul’: Filming Location Announced, Cast List & Premiere Date
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 2:20 PM EST
Albuquerque was almost like a character in AMC's cult drama series "Breaking Bad." As expected, "Better Call Saul," the prequel-spin-off series of "Breaking Bad," will be filming in Albuquerque, as well. New Mexico Film Office has confirmed that "Better Call Saul" will be shot at Albuquerque Studios. The production is expected to employ nearly 75-90 New Mexico crew members.
In this new show, Bob Odenkirk will be reprising his role of Saul Goodman, though it is unlikely that he will be seen interacting with his "Breaking Bad" client, Walter White. "Better Call Saul" goes back to the time before Saul Goodman met Walter White.
Since it is a prequel series, the dead Mike Ehrmantraut of "Breaking Bad," played by Jonathan Bank, will be retuning, too. It is not yet confirmed whether the much loved junkie, Jesse Pinkman, will be returning, though Aaron Paul has shown interest in doing the show. He was reportedly in talks with Vince Gilligan, creator of "Better Call Saul."
Recently, Grammy award winner Anna Gunn said to E! Online that she has heard rumours of her reprising the role of Skyler White in the prequel series. She also dropped the hint of being pregnant in the show.
Meanwhile, Deadline.com has reported that Patrick Fabian, Rhea Seehorn and Michael Mando have been roped in to star in "Better Call Saul." The report also provided sketchy details about the roles these actors will play.
Fabian is expected to play Burt, a Kennedy-kind of lawyer. Seehorn will play an attorney named Beth, while Mando will play Spanish-speaking career criminal Eddie, according to Deadline.
Also joining the cast is veteran actor Michael McKean. He will be seen playing a character called Dr Thurber. Deadline describes this character as a "brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction."
"Better Call Saul" is set to premiere in November 2014. AMC has yet to announce the date.
Vince Gilligan, creator of the show, is not sure whether the prequel can emulate the success of "Breaking Bad." At the Drama Showrunner Roundtable, he said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter, "Is this going to be Frasier -- or 'After MASH?' I don't know yet. If it's 'After MASH' rather than Frasier, it won't be for a lack of hard work."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS