‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-off ‘Better Call Saul’: Filming Location Announced, Cast List & Premiere Date
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 15, 2014 2:20 PM EST
Albuquerque was almost like a character in AMC's cult drama series "Breaking Bad." As expected, "Better Call Saul," the prequel-spin-off series of "Breaking Bad," will be filming in Albuquerque, as well. New Mexico Film Office has confirmed that "Better Call Saul" will be shot at Albuquerque Studios. The production is expected to employ nearly 75-90 New Mexico crew members.
In this new show, Bob Odenkirk will be reprising his role of Saul Goodman, though it is unlikely that he will be seen interacting with his "Breaking Bad" client, Walter White. "Better Call Saul" goes back to the time before Saul Goodman met Walter White.
Since it is a prequel series, the dead Mike Ehrmantraut of "Breaking Bad," played by Jonathan Bank, will be retuning, too. It is not yet confirmed whether the much loved junkie, Jesse Pinkman, will be returning, though Aaron Paul has shown interest in doing the show. He was reportedly in talks with Vince Gilligan, creator of "Better Call Saul."
Recently, Grammy award winner Anna Gunn said to E! Online that she has heard rumours of her reprising the role of Skyler White in the prequel series. She also dropped the hint of being pregnant in the show.
Meanwhile, Deadline.com has reported that Patrick Fabian, Rhea Seehorn and Michael Mando have been roped in to star in "Better Call Saul." The report also provided sketchy details about the roles these actors will play.
Fabian is expected to play Burt, a Kennedy-kind of lawyer. Seehorn will play an attorney named Beth, while Mando will play Spanish-speaking career criminal Eddie, according to Deadline.
Also joining the cast is veteran actor Michael McKean. He will be seen playing a character called Dr Thurber. Deadline describes this character as a "brilliant attorney who is now restricted by an unusual affliction."
"Better Call Saul" is set to premiere in November 2014. AMC has yet to announce the date.
Vince Gilligan, creator of the show, is not sure whether the prequel can emulate the success of "Breaking Bad." At the Drama Showrunner Roundtable, he said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter, "Is this going to be Frasier -- or 'After MASH?' I don't know yet. If it's 'After MASH' rather than Frasier, it won't be for a lack of hard work."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown