Fan Selected 'Game of Thrones' Beer Coming Out
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 15, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Beer drinkers have another drink to toast with the revelation of the fan-selected "Game of Thrones" inspired beer named Valar Morghullis. It means "all men must die" in the fictional language of Valyrian, the beer will come in 25.4 ounces draft and corked bottles come fall at the price of $8.50.
This is the fourth installment for the movie-inspired beer manufactured by Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. The name was chosen from the four beer names and styles that the brewery company and HBO polled on the Game of Thrones Facebook page in December.
Among the options that the fans voted were Seven Kingdoms (Tripel), Hand of the King (Quad) and Khal (Quad).
According to an article from Comic Book, Brewery Ommegang Director for Marketing Bill Wetmore stated: "The fan response to the beers has been so incredibly positive that we thought would be a fun reward to ask them to play an active role in selecting the fourth beer."
The wining beer which was announced at Mashable boosts a label with the two-headed coin that one of the faceless Men of Braavos assassins Jaqen H'ghar gave to Arya Stark during the second season of the television series.
The phrase "Valar Morghullis" was the tagline and fundamental theme of the Game of Thrones season 4 which is aired on HBO since March. It was also Arya's mantra in revenge to those people she wants dead.
Based on the traditional response to the phrase to "Valar Morghulis", each cork of the beer is fire branded with Valar Dohaeris" which means that "all men must serve."
The Marketing Director described the beer as a classic Belgian-style Dubbel which truly captured that sweet vengeance and dangerous consequences that comes with it. "Our brewers are also excited to brew a Dubbel, a classic Belgian beer style, and have some great ideas to make this release extra special," he stated.
Brewery Ommegang is known for its rich, malty, and a bit spicy Belgian beers. The brewery company had released three Game of Thrones inspired beers in the past which includes Throne Blonde Ale (spring 2013), Take the Black Stout (fall 2013), and Fire and Blood Red Ale which is currently available in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales