Fan Selected 'Game of Thrones' Beer Coming Out
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 15, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Beer drinkers have another drink to toast with the revelation of the fan-selected "Game of Thrones" inspired beer named Valar Morghullis. It means "all men must die" in the fictional language of Valyrian, the beer will come in 25.4 ounces draft and corked bottles come fall at the price of $8.50.
This is the fourth installment for the movie-inspired beer manufactured by Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. The name was chosen from the four beer names and styles that the brewery company and HBO polled on the Game of Thrones Facebook page in December.
Among the options that the fans voted were Seven Kingdoms (Tripel), Hand of the King (Quad) and Khal (Quad).
According to an article from Comic Book, Brewery Ommegang Director for Marketing Bill Wetmore stated: "The fan response to the beers has been so incredibly positive that we thought would be a fun reward to ask them to play an active role in selecting the fourth beer."
The wining beer which was announced at Mashable boosts a label with the two-headed coin that one of the faceless Men of Braavos assassins Jaqen H'ghar gave to Arya Stark during the second season of the television series.
The phrase "Valar Morghullis" was the tagline and fundamental theme of the Game of Thrones season 4 which is aired on HBO since March. It was also Arya's mantra in revenge to those people she wants dead.
Based on the traditional response to the phrase to "Valar Morghulis", each cork of the beer is fire branded with Valar Dohaeris" which means that "all men must serve."
The Marketing Director described the beer as a classic Belgian-style Dubbel which truly captured that sweet vengeance and dangerous consequences that comes with it. "Our brewers are also excited to brew a Dubbel, a classic Belgian beer style, and have some great ideas to make this release extra special," he stated.
Brewery Ommegang is known for its rich, malty, and a bit spicy Belgian beers. The brewery company had released three Game of Thrones inspired beers in the past which includes Throne Blonde Ale (spring 2013), Take the Black Stout (fall 2013), and Fire and Blood Red Ale which is currently available in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’