Fan Selected 'Game of Thrones' Beer Coming Out
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 15, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Beer drinkers have another drink to toast with the revelation of the fan-selected "Game of Thrones" inspired beer named Valar Morghullis. It means "all men must die" in the fictional language of Valyrian, the beer will come in 25.4 ounces draft and corked bottles come fall at the price of $8.50.
This is the fourth installment for the movie-inspired beer manufactured by Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. The name was chosen from the four beer names and styles that the brewery company and HBO polled on the Game of Thrones Facebook page in December.
Among the options that the fans voted were Seven Kingdoms (Tripel), Hand of the King (Quad) and Khal (Quad).
According to an article from Comic Book, Brewery Ommegang Director for Marketing Bill Wetmore stated: "The fan response to the beers has been so incredibly positive that we thought would be a fun reward to ask them to play an active role in selecting the fourth beer."
The wining beer which was announced at Mashable boosts a label with the two-headed coin that one of the faceless Men of Braavos assassins Jaqen H'ghar gave to Arya Stark during the second season of the television series.
The phrase "Valar Morghullis" was the tagline and fundamental theme of the Game of Thrones season 4 which is aired on HBO since March. It was also Arya's mantra in revenge to those people she wants dead.
Based on the traditional response to the phrase to "Valar Morghulis", each cork of the beer is fire branded with Valar Dohaeris" which means that "all men must serve."
The Marketing Director described the beer as a classic Belgian-style Dubbel which truly captured that sweet vengeance and dangerous consequences that comes with it. "Our brewers are also excited to brew a Dubbel, a classic Belgian beer style, and have some great ideas to make this release extra special," he stated.
Brewery Ommegang is known for its rich, malty, and a bit spicy Belgian beers. The brewery company had released three Game of Thrones inspired beers in the past which includes Throne Blonde Ale (spring 2013), Take the Black Stout (fall 2013), and Fire and Blood Red Ale which is currently available in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation