Fan Selected 'Game of Thrones' Beer Coming Out
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 15, 2014 1:25 PM EST
Beer drinkers have another drink to toast with the revelation of the fan-selected "Game of Thrones" inspired beer named Valar Morghullis. It means "all men must die" in the fictional language of Valyrian, the beer will come in 25.4 ounces draft and corked bottles come fall at the price of $8.50.
This is the fourth installment for the movie-inspired beer manufactured by Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. The name was chosen from the four beer names and styles that the brewery company and HBO polled on the Game of Thrones Facebook page in December.
Among the options that the fans voted were Seven Kingdoms (Tripel), Hand of the King (Quad) and Khal (Quad).
According to an article from Comic Book, Brewery Ommegang Director for Marketing Bill Wetmore stated: "The fan response to the beers has been so incredibly positive that we thought would be a fun reward to ask them to play an active role in selecting the fourth beer."
The wining beer which was announced at Mashable boosts a label with the two-headed coin that one of the faceless Men of Braavos assassins Jaqen H'ghar gave to Arya Stark during the second season of the television series.
The phrase "Valar Morghullis" was the tagline and fundamental theme of the Game of Thrones season 4 which is aired on HBO since March. It was also Arya's mantra in revenge to those people she wants dead.
Based on the traditional response to the phrase to "Valar Morghulis", each cork of the beer is fire branded with Valar Dohaeris" which means that "all men must serve."
The Marketing Director described the beer as a classic Belgian-style Dubbel which truly captured that sweet vengeance and dangerous consequences that comes with it. "Our brewers are also excited to brew a Dubbel, a classic Belgian beer style, and have some great ideas to make this release extra special," he stated.
Brewery Ommegang is known for its rich, malty, and a bit spicy Belgian beers. The brewery company had released three Game of Thrones inspired beers in the past which includes Throne Blonde Ale (spring 2013), Take the Black Stout (fall 2013), and Fire and Blood Red Ale which is currently available in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown