Possible Titles for GTA 5 Dev’s New Game in 2015 and GTA 5 Updates
By Gel Galang | May 15, 2014 1:22 PM EST
In a report delivered at an investor call, Take-Two has announced the financials that included Rockstar's "GTA V" title. Quoted by VG 24/7, an interesting figure that also drove a good deal of the revenue is "GTA V," which sold 33 million units and amassed $1 billion in sales. GTA Online also helped with 7 million user-generated content.
But the more interesting bit of news is that "GTA V" developer Rockstar has been confirmed to be working on an unannounced next-gen game. Even better is that the game will be coming out by 2015.
"GTA V" on the PS4 and Xbox One?
Since its launch, only PS3 and Xbox 360 owners have enjoyed the mayhem and madness of "Grand Theft Auto V."
But fans have already taken it upon themselves via petitions. One of the existing ones online via Change.org has 894 supporters, while the petition for a PC version of "GTA V" has already exceeded its original required number of supporters at more than 718,000 supporters.
It won't be surprising if Rockstar finally decides to push the "GTA V" title out to the remaining titles come 2015.
"Red Dead Redemption" Title?
When it comes to the more known titles from Rockstar and one of the more obvious choices for a number of fans, "Red Dead Redemption 2" may be a good start for speculation.
There have already been speculations and rumours about the possible sequel of the title, starting with GameRant's report of a prediction for a sequel as early as January of this year.
According to the source, analyst firm Baird Equity Research has dealt some predictions regarding the "Red Dead Redemption" title.
"We also believe the next 'Red Dead' game is in the works potentially for a 2014 launch."
While the stated release date may be an entire year off, it's not out of the question for this title to see a sequel come 2015.
Games Radar brings up an interesting title, "Bully 2," which would follow the last release, "Bully: Scholarship Edition" for the Xbox 360.
Though a pretty lie-low title, a sequel for the game can actually work well with a more explorable world--suggested to be one that exist in the university life--and taking the tradition of Rockstar as seen in GTA games, an older version of bullies can get their hands on something more creative for whipping up the weaklings--on next-gen PS4 and Xbox One.
A possible new IP
Of course, there's no denying the possibility of a brand new title coming from Rockstar Games as well. It may be a good time to explore new options, especially with some of the older titles being hit with the GameSpy shutdown, reports CVG. The multiplayer experiences of the likes of "GTA IV," "Max Payne," "Red Dead Redemption, "Midnight Club Los Angeles" and "Beaterator" listed to go down by May 31.
Only "Grand Theft Auto V" will not experience any new changes, even though most of the listed changes will affect the Rockstar Social Club services. Hit the link for the affected games and their services.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Xbox One August Update Brings 3-D Blu-ray, Notifications and More; 20 Limited Edition Xbox Ones at SDCC
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People