Android 4.4.3 KitKat Could Be Just Around the Corner: Update Spotted in Moto E Promo Video [Watch]
By jaskiran kaur | May 15, 2014 12:57 PM EST
Android fans may not have to wait too long for the much awaited update, Android 4.4.3 KitKat. The OS update seems imminent after the new evidence emerged, hinting at the possibility of its release in near future. Google is now dropping slight hints and some keen observers and enthusiasts have been quick in picking up those clues. Recently released promo video of a new Motorola device, Moto E cites a reference of the Android upgrade.
Experts at Android Geeks spotted the reference to Android 4.4.3 KitKat in the finely printed text that appears at 0:39 seconds. The one-minute YouTube promo video of Moto E has provided enough evidence to excite Android lovers.
Moto E is said to be Motorola's new budget smartphone which is priced at $129 without a contract. It is company's "Made to Last. Priced for All" device especially for the consumers who are looking for more in less price.
Moto E's launch video was released on YouTube on May 13, 2014 by Motorola Mobility, giving a glimpse of the much awaited device. The video suggests that the new smartphone is "sharp, scratch resistant display" and it is "water-resistant splash guard." It also tells that it is powered by "all-day battery" which is followed by the most exciting part. At 0:39 seconds it says that Moto E is built with "latest Android with guaranteed upgrade" and finely printed text below mentions Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
Rumours about the update have been swirling around for quite a long time but Google hasn't talked about it publicly. Even though evidences have emerged several times with potential release date, there is no official confirmation. The best thing to do is to wait for the confirmation straight from the horse's mouth.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is expected to not only fix the bugs, but also bring some new features. Nexus users are eagerly waiting for the latest firmware hoping for it to fix the issues. If Moto E is launched with Android 4.4.3 KitKat, it will be the first ever device to sport the upgrade. Meanwhile, it is known that Moto E features 540X960 pixels, 4.3 inches display with 1.2 GHZ Dual Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 system. It has a 5Mp camera and 1 GB Ram with 4GB internal memory that can be extended to 32 GB and as suggested in the promo video Android 4.4.3 KitKat as its operating system. Watch Moto E promo video below:
Video: Meet Moto E
Credit: YouTube.com/ Motorola Mobility
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet