Miami Heat End Brooklyn Nets Season with Comeback Victory in Game 5
By James Patrick Quizon | May 15, 2014 12:49 PM EST
LeBron James ended the Brooklyn Nets' season while Ray Allen potentially ended Kevin Garnett's and Paul Pierce's NBA careers in the Western Conference Semifinals as the Miami Heat pulled off the comeback 96-to-94 victory over the Nets in Game 5 to clinch the best-of-seven series.
LeBron James had 29 points and Dwyane Wade had 28 points but it was the sharp-shooter Allen who yet again saved the Heat in this game. The 38-year-old veteran scored 13 markers off the bench and none more important than the 3-pointer that gave them a 93-to-91 lead with 32 seconds to go in the game.
He would add two more from the freethrow line 11 seconds later for a 95-to-91 advantage but Joe Johnson hit his own from behind the arc to put Brooklyn within one possession. James missed one of two freethrows in the ensuing Miami possession and the Nets had a chance to steal this one on the road.
However, Brooklyn couldn’t take advantage and couldn’t even attempt a shot twice facing tough defense from James and the Heat.
James added 9 rebounds and 5 assists for yet another good all-around game. He finished 15-of-17 from the line. Wade made 10-of-18 shots for arguably his best game in this postseason. Chris Bosh added 17 points in 39 minutes.
The Nets were led by Johnson's 34 points (15-23 FG, 3-6 3FG) and 7 rebounds. Paul Pierce had 19 points while Deron Williams had 17.
Miami faces either Indiana or Washington in the conference finals with the Pacers enjoying a 3-2 series advantage. They meet in Game 6 on Thursday when Indiana has a chance to close out the young Wizards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money