Miami Heat End Brooklyn Nets Season with Comeback Victory in Game 5
By James Patrick Quizon | May 15, 2014 12:49 PM EST
LeBron James ended the Brooklyn Nets' season while Ray Allen potentially ended Kevin Garnett's and Paul Pierce's NBA careers in the Western Conference Semifinals as the Miami Heat pulled off the comeback 96-to-94 victory over the Nets in Game 5 to clinch the best-of-seven series.
LeBron James had 29 points and Dwyane Wade had 28 points but it was the sharp-shooter Allen who yet again saved the Heat in this game. The 38-year-old veteran scored 13 markers off the bench and none more important than the 3-pointer that gave them a 93-to-91 lead with 32 seconds to go in the game.
He would add two more from the freethrow line 11 seconds later for a 95-to-91 advantage but Joe Johnson hit his own from behind the arc to put Brooklyn within one possession. James missed one of two freethrows in the ensuing Miami possession and the Nets had a chance to steal this one on the road.
However, Brooklyn couldn’t take advantage and couldn’t even attempt a shot twice facing tough defense from James and the Heat.
James added 9 rebounds and 5 assists for yet another good all-around game. He finished 15-of-17 from the line. Wade made 10-of-18 shots for arguably his best game in this postseason. Chris Bosh added 17 points in 39 minutes.
The Nets were led by Johnson's 34 points (15-23 FG, 3-6 3FG) and 7 rebounds. Paul Pierce had 19 points while Deron Williams had 17.
Miami faces either Indiana or Washington in the conference finals with the Pacers enjoying a 3-2 series advantage. They meet in Game 6 on Thursday when Indiana has a chance to close out the young Wizards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage