Miami Heat End Brooklyn Nets Season with Comeback Victory in Game 5
By James Patrick Quizon | May 15, 2014 12:49 PM EST
LeBron James ended the Brooklyn Nets' season while Ray Allen potentially ended Kevin Garnett's and Paul Pierce's NBA careers in the Western Conference Semifinals as the Miami Heat pulled off the comeback 96-to-94 victory over the Nets in Game 5 to clinch the best-of-seven series.
LeBron James had 29 points and Dwyane Wade had 28 points but it was the sharp-shooter Allen who yet again saved the Heat in this game. The 38-year-old veteran scored 13 markers off the bench and none more important than the 3-pointer that gave them a 93-to-91 lead with 32 seconds to go in the game.
He would add two more from the freethrow line 11 seconds later for a 95-to-91 advantage but Joe Johnson hit his own from behind the arc to put Brooklyn within one possession. James missed one of two freethrows in the ensuing Miami possession and the Nets had a chance to steal this one on the road.
However, Brooklyn couldn’t take advantage and couldn’t even attempt a shot twice facing tough defense from James and the Heat.
James added 9 rebounds and 5 assists for yet another good all-around game. He finished 15-of-17 from the line. Wade made 10-of-18 shots for arguably his best game in this postseason. Chris Bosh added 17 points in 39 minutes.
The Nets were led by Johnson's 34 points (15-23 FG, 3-6 3FG) and 7 rebounds. Paul Pierce had 19 points while Deron Williams had 17.
Miami faces either Indiana or Washington in the conference finals with the Pacers enjoying a 3-2 series advantage. They meet in Game 6 on Thursday when Indiana has a chance to close out the young Wizards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?