Jay Z Infidelity, Scandals Cause Of Solange Fight
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 11:53 AM EST
The video footage posted by TMZ of Solange, (Beyonce's sister) furiously kicking and punching Jay Z in an elevator, has surprised viewers who had so far, only seen happy moments of the trio. Speculations of Jay Z's infidelity and abuse have surfaced all over the net, which reportedly caused Solange to freak out at the rapper. According to sources, Solange was only being protective of her sister Beyonce, whom she thinks had had enough of Jay Z's abuse.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
With this recent event that has somehow caused a rift between the sisters, (Solange had reportedly deleted all pictures of her and Beyonce from her Twitter account), eyes and ears are now tuned in to Jay Z, the victim of the attack. Questions like why Solange had hit him hangs in the air begging for answers. The trio have not released a statement or commented on the incident, although rumours has it that the fight was "staged" since Solange and Jay Z were reportedly seen together shopping for jewellery days after the incident.
In light of the elevator fight, Jay Z's bad boy past has resurfaced.
- Former Miss Belgium Claudia Schleelen (photo) claimed this week that Jay Z bought her drink and flirted heavily with her during a night out in Antwerp last month. She told UK's Mirror that she was with her friends when the rapper sent over drinks for them. Then Jay Z had told her that he has been all over the world but the girls in Antwerp are the prettiest girls.
- Back in 2010, rumours surfaced that Jay Z got star Jazmine Cashmire pregnant (photo). She later denied it on her Twitter account saying she is not pregnant by Jay Z or any other rappers from New York. Jay Z denied it as well. However, friends of Cashmire told National Enquirer that Jay Z had paid her off and bought her a $2.5 million home.
- Soon after Beyonce's pregnancy announcement, rumours surfaced that Jay Z already had a secret child with model Shenelle Scott (photo). DNA was tested and proved that the child is indeed Jay Z's son. However, Jay Z's camp denied this claim.
- In 2004, rumours said Jay Z had a lovechild with Free, (photo) host of BET show "106 & Park". Both denied a hookup.
- Earlier this year, rapper LIV (photo) told Radar that Jay Z had hit on her back in 2008 even when he was already dating Beyonce.
- British reality star Holly Hagan (photo) accused Jay Z of cheating on Beyonce with pop singer Rita Ora, in which the singer denied.
- In 2001, Jay Z pleaded guilty to stabbing record producer Lance "Un" Rivera (photo) during a nightclub brawl. Jay Z completed three years of probation. The rapper also admitted to shooting his brother when he was twelve. His brother survived but didn't press charges.
- Lastly, Jay Z used to sell cracked cocaine on the streets in the 1980's. He said this experience taught him how to "budget".
Jay Z's "bad boy" past has been dug up. Though some were reported rumours and happened years before, sources are likely going to use them against the rapper.
To contact the editor, e-mail: