iPhone 6 Release Date Back to Sept 2014 as Display Specs & Features Start Firming Up
By Erik Pineda | May 15, 2014 11:28 AM EST
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
The new schedule, according to Apple Insider, was based on the report published by Apple-dedicated blog site in Germany, iFun.de, which states that the iPhone maker has issued an advisory to its retail personnel that detailed of leave restrictions during the month.
The target timeframe, said the same report, covers the third week of September and onwards.
Now basing on patterns that Apple has established in the past years, leave regulation for staff to man Apple Stores worldwide is normally observed in preparation for product releases. So with the report going out, the quick assumption would be: Apple is setting the stage for its next iPhone unwrapping this year.
And it is likely too that by defining the finer details of the iPhone 6 release date this 2014, the tech giant will opt to issue the two iPhone models at the same time. Such move will counter earlier forecasts from analysts that the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhones will hit the market separately.
In a research note provided in April, Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities speculated that the smaller 2014 iPhone will be made available in September while the first iOS phablet will debut in December of the same year.
Following that, a report came out claiming that the regular-sized iPhone 6 is slated for commercial availability in August. Then shortly in the month after, its jumbo-size sibling will follow.
Now it looks like that Apple had decided for a unified grand event for its fresh iPhone push this year though it should be noted that this latest information has yet to get the stamp of confirmation from the Cupertino, California-based tech firm.
Meantime, a new report from 9to5Mac pointed to the possibility that both the upgraded iPhone 6 display panels will boast of 1704 x 960 screen pixels with the same Retina technology. The pixel density would be at 416ppi that is framed at 16:9 aspect ratio.
"Apple will likely be tripling the ... base resolution of the iPhone screen in both directions, and that the iPhone screen resolution will be scaled with an increase of 150 per cent from the current 2X resolution of 1136 x 640," Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac said in his report.
Gurman also claimed that an iPhone 6 prototype with the exact display attributes is currently in the testing stage but he clarified at the same time that nothing is written in stone when it comes to the actual screen specs and features on release date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid