Solange Knowles’ Clutch Bag Label Anya Hindmarch Pokes Fun At Her Elevator Melee With Jay Z With Clever Ad
By Anne Lu | May 15, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Solange Knowles’ clutch bag is taking advantage of her vicious fight with Jay Z in an elevator. Anya Hindmarch, the British label of the gold clutch the 27-year-old singer was holding while attacking her brother-in-law, released a new ad that aims to capitalise on the now-controversial incident.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In the leaked security footage of The Standard Hotel elevator, Solange appeared so upset at Jay Z that she violently attacked him while paying no heed to her expensive ensemble. She is seen hurling her small bag at her sister Beyonce’s husband at the start of her tantrum, and a bodyguard picking it up and giving it to her before they exited the elevator.
Anya Hindmarch saw the opportunity to capitalise on the Solange-Jay Z elevator scandal.
On Tuesday, it has released a viral marketing campaign that appears to be referencing the infamous fight.
Click the link for the picture.
“The Crisp Packet Clutch worth fighting for,” reads the text on the ad, which features a clutch similar to Solange’s, but in metallic blue.
The new ad for the evening bag, which retails for £995 [AUD1,780], didn’t name Solange or specifically mention the lift brawl, but it’s hard not to assume it’s a tongue-in-cheek ad referring to the said fight.
After all, Solange’s golden clutch survived her temper after being thrown, dropped and clasped tightly during the melee. And if the photos taken after the incident are any indication, the clutch still emerged unscathed.
Meanwhile, the parties involved appear to be sending mixed messages to the public.
Solange and Jay Z were reported to have been spotted jewellery-shopping together at a high-end store in New York. According to TMZ, the two browsed the products, but didn’t buy anything. They also didn’t talk much during their outing.
And while Solange has deleted all photos of her sister from her Instagram account, Beyonce did the opposite and added four photos of them together on her page.
As for her relationship with her husband, Beyonce showed the world that she is still crazy in love with Jay Z after attending an NBA game with him in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015