Solange Knowles’ Clutch Bag Label Anya Hindmarch Pokes Fun At Her Elevator Melee With Jay Z With Clever Ad
By Anne Lu | May 15, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Solange Knowles’ clutch bag is taking advantage of her vicious fight with Jay Z in an elevator. Anya Hindmarch, the British label of the gold clutch the 27-year-old singer was holding while attacking her brother-in-law, released a new ad that aims to capitalise on the now-controversial incident.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In the leaked security footage of The Standard Hotel elevator, Solange appeared so upset at Jay Z that she violently attacked him while paying no heed to her expensive ensemble. She is seen hurling her small bag at her sister Beyonce’s husband at the start of her tantrum, and a bodyguard picking it up and giving it to her before they exited the elevator.
Anya Hindmarch saw the opportunity to capitalise on the Solange-Jay Z elevator scandal.
On Tuesday, it has released a viral marketing campaign that appears to be referencing the infamous fight.
Click the link for the picture.
“The Crisp Packet Clutch worth fighting for,” reads the text on the ad, which features a clutch similar to Solange’s, but in metallic blue.
The new ad for the evening bag, which retails for £995 [AUD1,780], didn’t name Solange or specifically mention the lift brawl, but it’s hard not to assume it’s a tongue-in-cheek ad referring to the said fight.
After all, Solange’s golden clutch survived her temper after being thrown, dropped and clasped tightly during the melee. And if the photos taken after the incident are any indication, the clutch still emerged unscathed.
Meanwhile, the parties involved appear to be sending mixed messages to the public.
Solange and Jay Z were reported to have been spotted jewellery-shopping together at a high-end store in New York. According to TMZ, the two browsed the products, but didn’t buy anything. They also didn’t talk much during their outing.
And while Solange has deleted all photos of her sister from her Instagram account, Beyonce did the opposite and added four photos of them together on her page.
As for her relationship with her husband, Beyonce showed the world that she is still crazy in love with Jay Z after attending an NBA game with him in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown