Solange Knowles’ Clutch Bag Label Anya Hindmarch Pokes Fun At Her Elevator Melee With Jay Z With Clever Ad
By Anne Lu | May 15, 2014 11:16 AM EST
Solange Knowles’ clutch bag is taking advantage of her vicious fight with Jay Z in an elevator. Anya Hindmarch, the British label of the gold clutch the 27-year-old singer was holding while attacking her brother-in-law, released a new ad that aims to capitalise on the now-controversial incident.
Singer Solange Knowles arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In the leaked security footage of The Standard Hotel elevator, Solange appeared so upset at Jay Z that she violently attacked him while paying no heed to her expensive ensemble. She is seen hurling her small bag at her sister Beyonce’s husband at the start of her tantrum, and a bodyguard picking it up and giving it to her before they exited the elevator.
Anya Hindmarch saw the opportunity to capitalise on the Solange-Jay Z elevator scandal.
On Tuesday, it has released a viral marketing campaign that appears to be referencing the infamous fight.
Click the link for the picture.
“The Crisp Packet Clutch worth fighting for,” reads the text on the ad, which features a clutch similar to Solange’s, but in metallic blue.
The new ad for the evening bag, which retails for £995 [AUD1,780], didn’t name Solange or specifically mention the lift brawl, but it’s hard not to assume it’s a tongue-in-cheek ad referring to the said fight.
After all, Solange’s golden clutch survived her temper after being thrown, dropped and clasped tightly during the melee. And if the photos taken after the incident are any indication, the clutch still emerged unscathed.
Meanwhile, the parties involved appear to be sending mixed messages to the public.
Solange and Jay Z were reported to have been spotted jewellery-shopping together at a high-end store in New York. According to TMZ, the two browsed the products, but didn’t buy anything. They also didn’t talk much during their outing.
And while Solange has deleted all photos of her sister from her Instagram account, Beyonce did the opposite and added four photos of them together on her page.
As for her relationship with her husband, Beyonce showed the world that she is still crazy in love with Jay Z after attending an NBA game with him in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions