'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Were A Married Couple Before Becoming Siblings
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 11:07 AM EST
In "The Avengers: Age of Ultron, the superheroes of Marvel will come face to face with a new super-powered threat--The Twins.
The Twins are known as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Scarlet Witch is played by Elizabeth Olsen ("Godzilla") while Quicksilver by Aaron Taylor-Johnson ("Kick-Ass 2"). Before Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch plays superhero/villain comic book siblings in "Avengers," they both starred in another movie with a different role. The stars play husband and wife who gets separated by the worse threat mankind has ever faced in "Godzilla". (photo).
In the span of a single movie, Olsen and Taylor-Johnson switch roles from a married couple to becoming siblings. How awkward is that?
"It's awesome! You know, we only did a few scenes together for "Godzilla," but we spent time together in Vancouver, and I got to know his family, and we spent time together. And to play really tight twin brother and sister, it's really lucky it's not with some guy I just met or something. I think we both like the fact that we have "Godzilla" in our repertoire," Olsen shared, when asked how it was like having to pretend that the guy she kissed in "Godzilla" is now her brother in "Avengers 2".
Meanwhile, Johnson was more guarded with his answers when it comes to discussing and revisiting performances. The actor was more than willing to have Olsen do the talking.
During another interview for Johnson's "Kick-Ass 2" movie, he revealed that he is not really a big fan of sequels, a statement which contradicts his involvement with franchise films "Godzilla" and "Avengers".
"I literally just go on the back of the filmmaker and the character, you know? I have to feel that character, believe that character, and relate to him," he added.
Johnson's phrasing could arguably indicate that he wasn't bothered at all by the sudden change of roles, and that portraying Quicksilver shouldn't be associated with his role in "Godzilla".
In another version of the Avenger comics, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are actually incestuous siblings. So either way, Olsen and Johnson are ready in case the movie calls for a "kissing" scene.
On a side note, Moviepilot shared what Olsen and Johnson have to say about their role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
"My favourite thing about Scarlet Witch is, she's incredibly perceptive and she can read through all people and all objects in a way and she has a totally 360 awareness and I love that about her."
"My favourite thing about Quicksilver is, because he's so quick, he's got quite a funny sense of humour."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air