'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver Were A Married Couple Before Becoming Siblings
By Tanya Diente | May 15, 2014 11:07 AM EST
In "The Avengers: Age of Ultron, the superheroes of Marvel will come face to face with a new super-powered threat--The Twins.
The Twins are known as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Scarlet Witch is played by Elizabeth Olsen ("Godzilla") while Quicksilver by Aaron Taylor-Johnson ("Kick-Ass 2"). Before Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch plays superhero/villain comic book siblings in "Avengers," they both starred in another movie with a different role. The stars play husband and wife who gets separated by the worse threat mankind has ever faced in "Godzilla". (photo).
In the span of a single movie, Olsen and Taylor-Johnson switch roles from a married couple to becoming siblings. How awkward is that?
"It's awesome! You know, we only did a few scenes together for "Godzilla," but we spent time together in Vancouver, and I got to know his family, and we spent time together. And to play really tight twin brother and sister, it's really lucky it's not with some guy I just met or something. I think we both like the fact that we have "Godzilla" in our repertoire," Olsen shared, when asked how it was like having to pretend that the guy she kissed in "Godzilla" is now her brother in "Avengers 2".
Meanwhile, Johnson was more guarded with his answers when it comes to discussing and revisiting performances. The actor was more than willing to have Olsen do the talking.
During another interview for Johnson's "Kick-Ass 2" movie, he revealed that he is not really a big fan of sequels, a statement which contradicts his involvement with franchise films "Godzilla" and "Avengers".
"I literally just go on the back of the filmmaker and the character, you know? I have to feel that character, believe that character, and relate to him," he added.
Johnson's phrasing could arguably indicate that he wasn't bothered at all by the sudden change of roles, and that portraying Quicksilver shouldn't be associated with his role in "Godzilla".
In another version of the Avenger comics, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are actually incestuous siblings. So either way, Olsen and Johnson are ready in case the movie calls for a "kissing" scene.
On a side note, Moviepilot shared what Olsen and Johnson have to say about their role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
"My favourite thing about Scarlet Witch is, she's incredibly perceptive and she can read through all people and all objects in a way and she has a totally 360 awareness and I love that about her."
"My favourite thing about Quicksilver is, because he's so quick, he's got quite a funny sense of humour."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’