‘Batman vs Superman’ Star Ben Affleck Leaves Superhero Action to Bond with Daughter Seraphina
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 15, 2014 9:33 AM EST
Stepping out of his black cape, "Batman vs. Superman" star Ben Affleck was spotted bonding with his daughter Seraphina at Brentwood Country Mart in Los Angeles on Tuesday, May 13.
The Daily Mail reported Ben Affleck, wearing a pair of black shorts and a charcoal gray Institute of Performance Fitness (IPF) T-shirt, was seen walking and holding hands with his 5-year-old daughter as they emerged from the local shopping centre.
According to the report, Affleck was no doubt happy to be spending time with his daughter Seraphina.
The 41-year-old actor is set to play as the Caped Crusader in the upcoming 2015 superhero movie now being referred to as "Batman vs. Superman." According to reports, the movie is a follow-up to the 2013 "Man of Steel" movie starring Henry Cavill.
"Man of Steel 2," a.k.a. "Batman vs. Superman," was introduced to the public in 2013 with Ben Affleck billed for the role of Batman. However, fans of the Dark Knight have not been too happy about the news.
Affleck was greatly criticised for his role. Time even wrote an article compiling "seven reasons fans are unhappy" to find out the actor is stepping in for the role of Batman. But Affleck reportedly stood up and made sure criticisms are not going to affect him.
In a Variety report, Affleck was said to have laughed off the criticisms. He told Jimmy Fallon in a chat in September 2013 that what matters is the reaction after the movie is seen and not the reaction before the movie comes out.
No plot has been revealed yet for "Batman vs Superman." However, Batman fans and Superman fans appear to be in a frenzy as "Batman vs. Superman" continues to make headlines.
Recently, director of "Batman vs. Superman," Zach Snyder, has been teasing fans with a glimpse of the new Batmobile through Twitter, which drew various reactions and apparently put fans in more anticipation to see the movie.
But aside from the hype Affleck's role in the movie "Batman vs. Superman" is getting, Affleck is also set to busy himself with HBO's TV series "Project Greenlight," which was recently reported as getting renewed. His actor, producer and BFF Matt Damon will also appear in the series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier