Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Quick Review
By Precious Silva | May 15, 2014 9:13 AM EST
The Sony claims that the Xperia Z2 tablet is the lightest and thinnest of its kind in the world. The tablet features a 6.4mm thick waterproof body. It is a millimeter thinner compare to the iPad Air. With a lighter body than the leading tablet in the market, can Sony gain traction?
Sony Press kit
Miss India World 2014, Koyal Rana posing with Sony Xperia Z2 and SmartBand
The Sony Xperia Z2 tablet came out during the Mobile World Congress last February. The device runs on Android 4.4. KitKat and weighs 426g. It is lighter compared to the iPad Air despite the larger display at 10.1 inches. The tablet runs on a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor offering up to 3GB RAM. The Xperia Z2 offers enough power to satisfy the average user.
Sony's trademark Xperia touch can be been on the tablet. The Xperia Z2 tablet appears like a larger edition of the Xperia Z2 handset. It comes with a boxy form factor inspired from the Sony Omnibalance system. Sony also made sure it follows the design philosophy starting from the Xperia Z tablet. The company chose a design that offers consistent appearance regardless of the angle.
One of the striking features of the tablet is the tough build quality. The device earned IP55 and IP58 certifications. This means it is resistant to water and dust. According to a report by V3, spilling a glass of water on the device left it intact and unscathed.
Similar to other flagship devices of Sony, the 10.1-inch display if the Xperia Z2 tablet comes with Sony's full HD Triluminos screen technology including the Live Colour LED technology. The latest technology guarantees richer and more natural colors.
Performance and operating system
As mentioned the Xperia Z2 Tablet runs on a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Krait processor. This offers lower battery drain instances and higher performance. The processor is not just a performer on paper but also in recent tests. The device scored 31,588 in Antutu benchmark. It surpassed the Xperia Z tablet which only scored 20,237.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family