iPhone 6 vs. HTC One M8 Size Comparison
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 15, 2014 7:33 AM EST
The iPhone 6 release date is far from official but news and leaks about the forthcoming next-generation flagship smartphone from Apple abound. Recently, images from China keep showing a number of 4.7 inches iPhone 6 mock-ups, with the units sharing the same design.
According to these leaks, the purported iPhone 6 will be bigger than the iPhone 5s but it will be noticeably thinner too. The next-generation iPhone will resemble the iPod touch more than its predecessors, in terms of volume rockers and rounded corners.
The recent leaks of iPhone 6 mock-up images were extensively compared to its Android competitors, with the latest images compared with the iPhone 5s and the HTC One M8.
Moscoat, a Chinese publication revealed an iPhone 6 dummy device, which is likely not a functional unit because it was not shown with its screen turned on, not mention the absence of Apple markings and scratches seen on the display of the device. The purported iPhone 6 images were photographed in all angles and compared with the iPhone 5s and the HTC One M8.
As depicted in the leak, the iPhone 6 is shorter than the latest flagship smartphone of HTC and it is significantly thinner as well. On the other hand, relative to the iPhone 5s, the iPhone 6 is slightly thinner and taller. The HTC One M8 checks in at 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm and has a 5 inches display, while the iPhone 5s checks in at 123.8 x 58.6 x7.6 mm and has a 4 inches screen.
The mock-up iPhone 6 device, which was photographed from Moscoat has a flat back relative to the HTC One M8 curvy back. Both devices are featuring premium metal cases.
Another set of dummy iPhone 6 photos reveal a metal block shaped device, which is similar to what the previous iPhone 6 rumours describe. Recently, Nowhereelse.fr compared the iPhone 6 mock up next to in iPhone 5s and it appears similar to the iPhone 6 mock up released by Moscoat but it is noticeably thicker than other iPhone 6 dummies in the past.
On the other hand, other rumours suggest that the next-generation iPhone 6 might sport waterproof features similar to its Android counterparts the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Sony Xperia Z2. But then again, thus far, these rumours must be taken with a grain of salt and a pinch of scepticism as Apple has not made any official announcement about the iPhone 6 just yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation