Arsenal FC Transfer News: Boss Reveals Exit-Linked Gunners Full-Back Fate
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 9:56 PM EST
Arsenal full-back Bacary Sagna has been reported that he will be making an exit this summer after he sees out his contract, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger revealed that he is still hopeful that the veteran will choose not to leave the Emirates.
“The ball is in his camp and I cannot influence that.” - Arsene Wenger on Bacary Sagna
"I told you many times that it's exactly the same as last week," the French mentor told the club's official Website.
"The ball is in his camp and I cannot influence that."
In spite of the all the fuss involving the 31-year-old, who refused to sign an extension because the respective parties failed to reach an agreement, in the recent months, Wenger still pledged to select him in the upcoming FA Cup Final.
"[No doubts] at all. I told you many times for me a professional is to give your best until the last day of your contract. That's for me the real professional. I don't doubt his integrity, his desire to win and his commitment at all," he added.
The north Londoners will be facing Hull City on Saturday for the FA Cup crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air