G3: LG’s 'Most Impressive-Looking' Smartphone - Leak
By Naveena Joy | May 14, 2014 8:55 PM EST
After launching all the successful mobile phones like G2, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, LG is conquering once again the mobile market by releasing LG G3. It will be releasing G3, its next-generation smartphone, on May 27 with high quality specs and innovative features.
It is one of the best features that LG is offering and definitely the phone will stand out among all the smartphones in the market. It will offer 5.5-inch Quad HD screen, 2560 x 1440 display with a pixel density of 538 pixels per inch.
Processor And RAM
LG G3 will be using its in-house Odin processor and an octa-core version. The speed of the processor is not yet confirmed but some cited the octa-core version will have four cores at 2.2 GHz and the other four clocked at 1.7 GHz, which is a huge boost as compared to LG G2. In terms of RAM, LG G3 will sport 2 GB only, but it will come with 32 GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The disappointing part is that G3 will be using the Snapdragon 800 chipset, which is a downbeat to the product.
G3 will be using LG's Optimus UI running on Android 4.4 KitKat and include recent innovations like Knock Code, allowing users to tap a pattern on the screen when it's off, both turn it on and unlock it. It comes with a screenshot appearing online claiming to be LG's next generation interface. The new look interface will be showing circular icons and new notifications menu with toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, mobile data and access to the Q Remote.
According to a Phone arena source, LG G3 will have advanced personalization features, also called a "concierge service," allowing it to learn your usage patterns and adopt the interface based on your needs at any given time, which further provides contextual data to help you throughout the day. For example, when checking the weather forecast, G3 will point out, "you may want to take an umbrella, since rain is expected this afternoon."
The new LG G3 sports a 13 MP with optical image stabilization plus (OIS+), dual-LED flash supporting 4K video playback and 120 fps slow motion video. It will also have a 2.4 MP front camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy