G3: LG’s 'Most Impressive-Looking' Smartphone - Leak
By Naveena Joy | May 14, 2014 8:55 PM EST
After launching all the successful mobile phones like G2, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, LG is conquering once again the mobile market by releasing LG G3. It will be releasing G3, its next-generation smartphone, on May 27 with high quality specs and innovative features.
It is one of the best features that LG is offering and definitely the phone will stand out among all the smartphones in the market. It will offer 5.5-inch Quad HD screen, 2560 x 1440 display with a pixel density of 538 pixels per inch.
Processor And RAM
LG G3 will be using its in-house Odin processor and an octa-core version. The speed of the processor is not yet confirmed but some cited the octa-core version will have four cores at 2.2 GHz and the other four clocked at 1.7 GHz, which is a huge boost as compared to LG G2. In terms of RAM, LG G3 will sport 2 GB only, but it will come with 32 GB internal storage and a microSD slot. The disappointing part is that G3 will be using the Snapdragon 800 chipset, which is a downbeat to the product.
G3 will be using LG's Optimus UI running on Android 4.4 KitKat and include recent innovations like Knock Code, allowing users to tap a pattern on the screen when it's off, both turn it on and unlock it. It comes with a screenshot appearing online claiming to be LG's next generation interface. The new look interface will be showing circular icons and new notifications menu with toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, mobile data and access to the Q Remote.
According to a Phone arena source, LG G3 will have advanced personalization features, also called a "concierge service," allowing it to learn your usage patterns and adopt the interface based on your needs at any given time, which further provides contextual data to help you throughout the day. For example, when checking the weather forecast, G3 will point out, "you may want to take an umbrella, since rain is expected this afternoon."
The new LG G3 sports a 13 MP with optical image stabilization plus (OIS+), dual-LED flash supporting 4K video playback and 120 fps slow motion video. It will also have a 2.4 MP front camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge