Apple Releases Latest Beta Build, Safari 7.0.4 Seed 1 and OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta Receive Minor Tweaks
By Precious Silva | May 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Apple has been preparing for the release of several of its major software offerings. Apart from the much talked about OS X 10.10 and the iOS 8, the tech giant has also started seeding the OS X 10.9.3. According to recent information, the tech giant has started seeding the operating system maintenance update. The company has also been preparing for a new Safari web browser to be released soon with the update.
Apple releases OS X Mavericks as a free update for Mac users. (Reuters)
Sticking to its weekly release schedule, the Cupertino-based company has provided the latest beta build 13D61 to testers. The new firmware requires more focus on Safari, audio, graphic drivers and syncing of Contacts & Calendar through USB in iTunes. The focused areas are similar to the OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta build 13D55 released previously.
The latest build follows Apple's decision to allow access to the beta testing process to users of Mac. This is under the Beta Seed Program - a major leap to the operating policies of Apple. The company did not offer details on the changes the program can bring to the beta rollouts.
Previous betas of the soon-to-be released OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 supplemental update offered scaling support allowing 4K monitor out. This also suggests that there could be a "Retina" output mode for last's year's MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
According to a report by Apple Insider, looking at the latest Mavericks firmware should hint that Apple has been approaching the last leg of testing. The software should be due for a public release soon. Apple may also be preparing some minor changes to the Safari and OS X compatibility. People who chose to be part of the Beta Seed Program can save the Mavericks beta build 13D61 along with the Safari 7.0.4 Seed 1 through the Software Update. That is under Apple's Developer Portal. 9to5Mac also reported that the release should be imminent soon.
Apple should provide other software updates and products during its Worldwide Developers Conference this June.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build