Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Working on £55million Move for PSG Targetman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be working on a move involving Paris Saint-Germain targetman Edinson Cavani for £55million.
The Uruguay international, who is a natural out-and-out striker, has featured as a wide-man for most of this season's duration, and is understood to be unhappy with how Laurent Blanc has been deploying him.
Arsenal are willing to pay £55million for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
In spite of operating on an unfamiliar territory for PSG, he was still able to come up with 25 goals and 7 assists, enough to impress Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who has already professed his admiration towards the 27-year-old in the past.
"Cavani is a player that I like. Will he cost a lot of money? That's for sure. Nobody would deny that. [But] our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player," the French mentor said.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom