Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Working on £55million Move for PSG Targetman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be working on a move involving Paris Saint-Germain targetman Edinson Cavani for £55million.
The Uruguay international, who is a natural out-and-out striker, has featured as a wide-man for most of this season's duration, and is understood to be unhappy with how Laurent Blanc has been deploying him.
Arsenal are willing to pay £55million for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
In spite of operating on an unfamiliar territory for PSG, he was still able to come up with 25 goals and 7 assists, enough to impress Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who has already professed his admiration towards the 27-year-old in the past.
"Cavani is a player that I like. Will he cost a lot of money? That's for sure. Nobody would deny that. [But] our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player," the French mentor said.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them