Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Working on £55million Move for PSG Targetman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 8:40 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be working on a move involving Paris Saint-Germain targetman Edinson Cavani for £55million.
The Uruguay international, who is a natural out-and-out striker, has featured as a wide-man for most of this season's duration, and is understood to be unhappy with how Laurent Blanc has been deploying him.
Arsenal are willing to pay £55million for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani
In spite of operating on an unfamiliar territory for PSG, he was still able to come up with 25 goals and 7 assists, enough to impress Gunners boss Arsene Wenger, who has already professed his admiration towards the 27-year-old in the past.
"Cavani is a player that I like. Will he cost a lot of money? That's for sure. Nobody would deny that. [But] our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player," the French mentor said.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles