‘Reign’ Season Finale Preview/Spoilers [Episode 22] Mary’s ‘Slaughter of Innocence’
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 14, 2014 6:27 PM EST
The penultimate episode of "Reign" showed a mad King Henry thinking of killing his own son Francis and marrying his widow Mary, so that he could claim the throne of England. In the finale episode, titled "Slaughter of Innocence," the King's madness will reach a fevered pitch, which will lead to more cruelty from his side. According to The CW's synopsis of the final episode of "Reign," this will prompt Mary and Francis to take some drastic, brutal action, which will change the fate of France.
The title "Slaughter of Innocence" alludes to Mary emerging as a determined, calculated Queen of Scotland. She will no longer be the innocent Mary. In the preview clip of the final episode, Queen Catherine can be seen telling Mary, "I miss the girl you were." Mary can be seen wearing her Queen of Scot's crown and sitting beside King Henry. Duke of Guise can be seen suggesting to Mary to strike first and take control of the kingdom, and "make yourself the most powerful person in France."
In the previous episode, Bash and Nostradamus set out to decimate the Darkness in the wood. The synopsis of the episode reveal that this "unforeseen terror" could cost Mary and Francis, and their friends, everything.
As reported previously, Lola will be giving birth to a child this season only. The synopsis of the episode suggests that she will be seen going through a life-threatening labour at a place outside the castle. It is expected that Mary will be making a bold choice when she will come to know about that.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Season 1 Finale, Episode 22, "Slaughter of Innocence": "In the first-season finale, Mary and Francis take drastic action in response to Henry's madness. Meanwhile, a terror in the woods puts everyone in peril; and Mary makes a bold choice when she discovers Lola is in the midst of a life-threatening labour."
David Frazee has directed the episode, while Laurie McCarthy and Doris Egan have written it.
"Reign" has already been renewed for Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate