‘Reign’ Season Finale Preview/Spoilers [Episode 22] Mary’s ‘Slaughter of Innocence’
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 14, 2014 6:27 PM EST
The penultimate episode of "Reign" showed a mad King Henry thinking of killing his own son Francis and marrying his widow Mary, so that he could claim the throne of England. In the finale episode, titled "Slaughter of Innocence," the King's madness will reach a fevered pitch, which will lead to more cruelty from his side. According to The CW's synopsis of the final episode of "Reign," this will prompt Mary and Francis to take some drastic, brutal action, which will change the fate of France.
The title "Slaughter of Innocence" alludes to Mary emerging as a determined, calculated Queen of Scotland. She will no longer be the innocent Mary. In the preview clip of the final episode, Queen Catherine can be seen telling Mary, "I miss the girl you were." Mary can be seen wearing her Queen of Scot's crown and sitting beside King Henry. Duke of Guise can be seen suggesting to Mary to strike first and take control of the kingdom, and "make yourself the most powerful person in France."
In the previous episode, Bash and Nostradamus set out to decimate the Darkness in the wood. The synopsis of the episode reveal that this "unforeseen terror" could cost Mary and Francis, and their friends, everything.
As reported previously, Lola will be giving birth to a child this season only. The synopsis of the episode suggests that she will be seen going through a life-threatening labour at a place outside the castle. It is expected that Mary will be making a bold choice when she will come to know about that.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Season 1 Finale, Episode 22, "Slaughter of Innocence": "In the first-season finale, Mary and Francis take drastic action in response to Henry's madness. Meanwhile, a terror in the woods puts everyone in peril; and Mary makes a bold choice when she discovers Lola is in the midst of a life-threatening labour."
David Frazee has directed the episode, while Laurie McCarthy and Doris Egan have written it.
"Reign" has already been renewed for Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary