‘Reign’ Season Finale Preview/Spoilers [Episode 22] Mary’s ‘Slaughter of Innocence’
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 14, 2014 6:27 PM EST
The penultimate episode of "Reign" showed a mad King Henry thinking of killing his own son Francis and marrying his widow Mary, so that he could claim the throne of England. In the finale episode, titled "Slaughter of Innocence," the King's madness will reach a fevered pitch, which will lead to more cruelty from his side. According to The CW's synopsis of the final episode of "Reign," this will prompt Mary and Francis to take some drastic, brutal action, which will change the fate of France.
The title "Slaughter of Innocence" alludes to Mary emerging as a determined, calculated Queen of Scotland. She will no longer be the innocent Mary. In the preview clip of the final episode, Queen Catherine can be seen telling Mary, "I miss the girl you were." Mary can be seen wearing her Queen of Scot's crown and sitting beside King Henry. Duke of Guise can be seen suggesting to Mary to strike first and take control of the kingdom, and "make yourself the most powerful person in France."
In the previous episode, Bash and Nostradamus set out to decimate the Darkness in the wood. The synopsis of the episode reveal that this "unforeseen terror" could cost Mary and Francis, and their friends, everything.
As reported previously, Lola will be giving birth to a child this season only. The synopsis of the episode suggests that she will be seen going through a life-threatening labour at a place outside the castle. It is expected that Mary will be making a bold choice when she will come to know about that.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Season 1 Finale, Episode 22, "Slaughter of Innocence": "In the first-season finale, Mary and Francis take drastic action in response to Henry's madness. Meanwhile, a terror in the woods puts everyone in peril; and Mary makes a bold choice when she discovers Lola is in the midst of a life-threatening labour."
David Frazee has directed the episode, while Laurie McCarthy and Doris Egan have written it.
"Reign" has already been renewed for Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet