Chelsea FC Transfer News: Top Blues Striker Offered as Makeweight to Sign Madrid Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 14, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is reportedly offered as makeweight to sign in-form Atletico Madrid hitman Diego Costa.
The Belgian international enjoyed a fantastic season on loan at Everton, tallying a total of 16 goals and 8 assists in all competitions in 35 appearances.
Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku is offered as makeweight to sign Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa
It seems that Blues boss Jose Mourinho has no intention of making the promising 21-year-old a part of his future plans, looking for a world-class who will be able to deliver the goods day in and day out.
Meanwhile, the Brazil-born Spanish international Costa is contending for the Pichichi award in the La Liga, finding the back of the net 27 times, with only Cristiano Ronaldo (31) and Lionel Messi (28) having a better output than him.
His marksmanship has led the Rojiblancos to the Champions League finals, while a point in the final game of the La Liga will win them the domestic trophy.
Costa's price-tag is suggested to be in the region of £32million, but from the looks of it, the west Londoners might need to reach deep into their pockets to lure Atleti to sell their prized asset.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]