Pokémon X & Y Update: Free 'Band Of Thieves', Downloadable 3DS Game
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 14, 2014 4:04 PM EST
It appears that the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remakes are not the only Pokémon titles expected this year.
REUTERS / Eric Thayer
A Pikachu balloon floats down Sixth Avenue during the 87th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York November 28, 2013.
It is only been roughly six months since the Pokémon X and Y made its retail debut with a breath of fresh air and a new stage of evolution to a series that's seen few changes over the years. Since then, Nintendo is expected to launch another pair of Pokémon releases for 2014.
CoroCoro released new scans which revealed that Nintendo and The Pokémon Company are prepping to offer something new to their fans, in an attempt to drum up excitement for the latest Pokémon movie - at least for the ardent supporter who live somewhere in Japan.
According to the magazine, Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon will be available only for a limited period of time, but there are no hints on how long it will be and the downloadable Pokémon game will feature StreetPass support. This feature will be one of the driving factors of the size of the collections as interacting with other players increases the stable of creatures available in the Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon.
The publication further said that the next Pokémon project will be available for download on or after June 5, with no exact plans on when to pull the game back out of the eShop. The Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon might be made available for free and it appears that the game will stay in the store until the Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction makes it premiere on July 19. However, thus far, there has been still no confirmation of the fact.
Unfortunately there has been no release date news outside of Japan and Nintendo has yet to reveal its plans to release the Pokémon film in the U.S., so releasing a promotional stunt for a film that is not sure to launch doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, it is also unlikely that Nintendo and The Pokémon Company will hurry to localise a project that won't be as profitable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef