5 Reasons Why ‘Gotham’ Could be a Hit TV Series in 2014
By Sachin Trivedi | May 14, 2014 3:37 PM EST
"Gotham" is one of the most talked about upcoming TV series from Fox. It gives a fresh perspective to the character of Commissioner James Gordon, from the popular "Batman" movies. It also examines the rise of some of the dreaded villains from the comic book world. Here are 5 reasons why the series could be a big hit.
Reason #1 - Action Packed James Gordon
Commissioner Gordon in the "Batman" movies is often seen as an honest cop in a city riddled with crime and corruption. He is often seen as helpless, when it comes to stopping the illegal activities in the city.
"Gotham" brings a fresh perspective of the character. He is seen as a young, gun wielding hero who is out to get the bad guys. Given the importance of the character in the movies and comic books, he may emerge as a new hero altogether.
Reason #2 - Rise of the Villians
Most of the time the movies do not have enough time to examine why the villains turned out the way they did, but "Gotham" will allow the fans to get a glimpse of the childhood of the different super villains.
Villains such as The Joker, Penguin, Cat Woman, Riddler and Poison Ivy are expected to feature in the series. Given the popularity of the "Batman" movies and comic books, fans would be interested to see the younger versions of their favorite villains.
Reason #3 - More Content for "Batman" fans
There is a great deal of popularity of the "Batman" movies and comic books. Movie producers may be finding it difficult to find fresh content to tell a story. One way they manage to keep the story line fresh is by featuring a new villain in each movie. "Gotham" may provide fresh content for fans without being seen as repetitive.
Reason #4 - Regular Cop Hero vs. Masked Superhero
"Batman" movies are generally focused on seemingly impossible feats by masked superheroes and super villains. "Gotham" tells the story of an ordinary cop who fights for justice without wearing a mask. There is the story of the rise of "Batman" and the villains in the background to keep the fans engaged.
Reason #5 - The Rise of "Batman"
There have been some concerns whether fans would like to see "Batman" as a kid, without the mask. But many of the fans would like to see the origin story, which traces the rise of Bruce Wayne from a billionaire heir to superhero.
Brad Pitt's Secret Girlfriend and More Revealed in a Book by Jason Priestley [Read]
'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' - Trailer Shows the Domination of Apes [Read]
'Star Wars' Rebels: A Must Watch For Episode 7? [Watch Trailer] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air