Moto E: The 'Cheapest' Android Phone
By Naveena Joy | May 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Motorola has bounced back to overtake the competition in the smartphone arena, which was previously dominated by manufacturers such as Samsung, LG and Apple.
A Motorola Mobility logo is seen on a screen at the public unveiling of their global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, April 22, 2014. REUTERS/Jim Young
After establishing goodwill with its budget Moto G smartphone, the company introduced its most awaited, low-cost Moto E smartphone that boasts a lot of potential. The handset is priced at $129 without a contract, and will be available in more than 40 countries. It is also the first handset launched after Google sold Motorola to Lenovo and supposed to "made to last," and be "priced for all."
Although Moto E is not expected to have great features, it has specifications that are more effective than expected. It is a user-friendly phone that can be used by first-time smartphone users and then upgrade themselves to Samsung Galaxy or Apple products.
The Moto E is similar to Moto G and Moto X in design. But with the absence of front camera and flash on the rear will make it differentiate from the other two Motorola phones. But this feature does not make Moto E to take a back seat as the phone's 5 MP camera captures impressive pictures in terms of both color and detail.
It also carries some great features such as a 4.3-inch qHD Gorilla Glass 3 display (960 x 540 resolution and 256 pixel per inch ratio), 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, Adreno 302 GPU, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB of storage, microSD support, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, FM radio, dual-SIM option 1980mAh battery and Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Also, Motorola decides for its future that the phone will have at least one software update to the current KitKat version. The Moto E measures 124.38 mm x 64.8 mm x 12.3 mm, weighs 142 grams, and will offer users the ability of personalizing the look of the handset with different Motorola Shells, or interchangeable backs. It feels comfortable in hands, its plastic back with matte finish has a slightly rubbery feel that makes it easier to grip the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones